Package stuck in Glendale Heights, IL with no updates.

Hey, I’m wondering if my package is potentially lost/stolen? I bought a sports card from the US and I live in Toronto, Canada. It was received at the Glendale Heights, IL facility 5 days ago and there’s been no updates since. The package was supposed to be inspected and sent to Acsendia, who are awaiting the item and have no info to give me either. The day it arrived at Glendale Heights, it stated “your item is being inspected”. It updated the next day to “your item is on the way”, but no tracking updates or scans had taken place. EBay is useless with actually looking into this, I can’t get anywhere with them. The item is a sports card not something involving batteries like I’ve seen posted here frequently and are known for delays. Iam thinking it’s potentially stolen? I buy sports cards all the time and never had this happen. Any advice?
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Package stuck in Glendale Heights, IL with no updates.

@marnotom! wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

ebay gives me a refund for 1 order, that i never asked for,

EBay seems to have learned that the purchase could not be exported. If you told us exactly what it was we might make an educated guess.

Given that @captai_6426 mentioned that they had purchased fishing equipment, I’m going to half-educatedly guess that the package length exceeded the program’s 48” (122 cm) maximum.

Limits for USPS as follows.

236.22 Circular Parcels

Maximum girth (measured along diameter): 64 inches.

236.23 Exceptional Size Limits

The maximum size limit for rectangular-shaped parcels of 42 inches in maximum length and 79 inches in maximum length and girth combined applies to all countries except as follows:

• Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches.  Canada

Surcharge as follows:

Any parcel shipped with an impacted service with any side exceeding 22” in length will be subject to an additional $4 surcharge. For larger parcels, if its length exceeds more than 30”, or the parcel is over 2 cubic feet in size, it will be subject to a $15 surcharge.Apr 3, 2022

Would be nice for anyone that needs if eBay labels would add the surcharge for shipping tubes similar to when you use CP. Shippo didn't bother either.

-Lotz

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Most of the other complaints seem to involve computer parts.

devon@ebay

What is the current policy of the eIS and/or the US government regarding the export of such parts?

Hi @reallynicestamps! I just want to make sure I understand. Are you referring to computer parts in general when it comes to eIS or something more specific? 

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

devon@ebay 

I barely know the difference between a monitor and a google.

Sorry to be so vague.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I refuse to buy from any seller that does not offer an alternative to EIS. As a Canadian, I have bought items (not necessarily on EBay) from all over the US. EIS is by far the slowest system I have ever dealt with. For example, I bought an item from a seller in Colorado. The vendor shipped it out in less than 24 hrs. It took USPS a day and a half to get it to Chicago area (Glendale Heights). It sat there for 10 days before it was “processed“ and re-shipped to Toronto, ON Canada. It took another day and a half to get to my door. Total travel time - 3 days. Total time in transit - weeks!! Ouch!
Do better EBay!!
Message 44 of 46
latest reply

For the record 13 days is actually less than two weeks.

But I agree that eIS does seem to be understaffing its Glendale Heights plant -- unless the problem is getting subcontractors to drive or fly shipments to Canada.

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 46 of 46
latest reply