Package stuck in Glendale Heights, IL with no updates.

Hey, I’m wondering if my package is potentially lost/stolen? I bought a sports card from the US and I live in Toronto, Canada. It was received at the Glendale Heights, IL facility 5 days ago and there’s been no updates since. The package was supposed to be inspected and sent to Acsendia, who are awaiting the item and have no info to give me either. The day it arrived at Glendale Heights, it stated “your item is being inspected”. It updated the next day to “your item is on the way”, but no tracking updates or scans had taken place. EBay is useless with actually looking into this, I can’t get anywhere with them. The item is a sports card not something involving batteries like I’ve seen posted here frequently and are known for delays. Iam thinking it’s potentially stolen? I buy sports cards all the time and never had this happen. Any advice?
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Iam asking a more pointed question this time because half the responses are completely useless “wait and see”. Iam trying to get feedback from people who’ve actually encountered a similar issue, not generic advice about waiting and old sayings revolving around waiting like half the responses.
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

The eBay International Shipping service is still regarded as pretty new and it's going through a lot of teething pains.  I don't think at this stage you're going to see much in the way of the feedback you're hoping to get, particularly from the .com board which is largely inhabited by buyers who wouldn't use the program as they're based out of the United States.

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Like you, I have a package stuck in Glendale Heights. Never again. EBay Global Shipping is not acceptable for what I paid. I should have ordered from a Japanese seller and used DHL or FedEx. Michigan to Ontario is a four hour drive. EBay Global Shipping is scheduled to take six weeks. I am into my second week. I hope the seller has packed the goods well or I will be making a claim. I have had packages from Japan delivered in three days. I have learned my lesson. Never again. I have used EBay for over ten years. This is the first bad experience. The seller is great and I feel sorry for them. As I used PayPal, I have buyer protection.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Hey Pal. I'm seeing similar delays lol. I ordered an item from US too. Been no updates for several days. Perhaps there is just a major backlog?
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Yes, three packages of mine were stuck there for three weeks.

Two lots of non working hard drives and a lot of non working digital cameras.

Opened cases for all three and was immediately refunded for all of them.

Tracking is now saying "This item cannot be exported".

I don't know if that's because eBay have cancelled any further movement or there's now export/import restrictions on the stuff I ordered.

Nothing surprises me any more.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

ndlz84
Community Member

I think I beat EVERYONE - 12 DAYS IN GLENDALE HEIGHTS SHIPPING HUB IN ILLINOIS!

And it's a £600 motherboard, coming to the UK.

But still about 9 days till estimated delivery date. So I'm TRYNA ignore info. I'm gona CRY if it's lost or stolen.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@ndlz84 wrote:

But still about 9 days till estimated delivery date. So I'm TRYNA ignore info. I'm gona CRY if it's lost or stolen.

@ndlz84 

It appears eBay has created a bottleneck with EIS!!

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1687711420275.jpeg

-Lotz

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

@ndlz84 wrote:

It isn't, you'll be refunded by eBay and the tracking will eventually update to "This item cannot be exported".

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@techtorture wrote:

@ndlz84 wrote:

It isn't, you'll be refunded by eBay and the tracking will eventually update to "This item cannot be exported".

I'll be so angry if I don't get it, and judging by what everyone else is saying, I won't.

All my music creation (my main income) is on-hold until I get these PC components, and all that's left is THIS MOTHERBOARD.

Thing is, too, eBay items are not replaceable, as 90% of listings are unique "situational sellings", to coin a phrase. So I won't find another brand new but opened one for that price. Makes me feel sick that I've lost MY UNIQUE DEAL. (If I have, that is - I'll still hold a little hope 'till the delivery date in 7 days)

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

OMG IT's ON THE MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the windy city blew my package away, but NO, Chicago is now THE STICKY CITY. As things get stuck there - tell the world.

MY PACKAGE IS UNSTUCK AFTER 14 DAYS!!!!!

I should have taken the advice of the people who said, DON'T STRESS TILL IT'S LATE and IGNORE TRACKING TILL IT'S LOCAL.

Thanks all.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply

Mine is still sitting in Glendale Heights "being inspected" after 9 days. The stress they cause with this backward shipping should be able to be sued for as "health detracting factors". Mine is a Hot Wheel. Oh and what worlds shall crumble should it not arrive. 🔥👿🔥
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

@coreyanne_grey wrote:

Mine is still sitting in Glendale Heights "being inspected" after 9 days. The stress they cause with this backward shipping should be able to be sued for as "health detracting factors". Mine is a Hot Wheel. Oh and what worlds shall crumble should it not arrive. 🔥👿🔥

@coreyanne_grey, you've posted on at least a couple of other occasions about shipments forwarded through an eBay international service.  Did you receive those?

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Glad to see at least I'm not alone in this. I have a $2500 laptop that's been sitting at "being inspected" for 9 days and it's quickly approaching the estimated delivery date. We *need* it in 16 days.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

cherry7729
Community Member

Same issue, and mine wasn't cheap.

The receipt clearly says BC, Canada; and yet, it's on that very same facility, Glendale Heights.

Screenshot_20230821-112510.pngreceipt.png

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@cherry7729 

Yes.

As is explained above several times, Glendale Heights just outside Chicago is 30 minutes down the road from O'Hare Airport.

Delivered Left With Individual means the parcel (along with hundreds of others) was accepted by a human being, not just dropped on the loading dock.

All the packages for Canada go there and are resorted after they reach Canada.

Never watch tracking.

Just mark the last day for delivery on your calendar. Your game will arrive before then.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Glendale+Heights,+Illinois,+USA/O'Hare+International+Airport+(ORD),+...

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

I live in st.thomas Ontario not far from toronto , I purchased several orders of fishing equipment from ebay & amazon it seems weeks ago, I am still waiting for 1 order from amazon and 3 orders from ebay, 2 of those orders USPS tracking states Glendale Heights delivered, left with an individual, ebay gives me a refund for 1 order,  that i never asked for, I called ebay customer service and asked for my 3 pkgs?  I could not get an answer beyond the Glendale Heights delivered checkmark 8 days ago (August 17), I was told to wait till Tuesday next week and a full credited refund.

I also made 2 different purchases on ebay seller returns a message stating item is out of stock, I requested a refund and my purchase invoice was credited the purchase price...after i get either my 3 ebay pkgs received or credited my refunds. I am closing my account. and amazon as well. Most of the prices and shipping fees are extremely expensive for our poor Canadian dollar.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

fishing equipment from ebay & amazon it seems weeks ago, I am still waiting for 1 order from amazon and 3 orders from ebay,

Youshould have a record of the order dates from eBay on your Purchase History, under My eBay at the top of most pages.

2 of those orders USPS tracking states Glendale Heights delivered, left with an individual,

Those would be the eBay ones because that is the eIS plant.

ebay gives me a refund for 1 order, that i never asked for,

EBay seems to have learned that the purchase could not be exported. If you told us exactly what it was we might make an educated guess.

I called ebay customer service and asked for my 3 pkgs? I could not get an answer beyond the Glendale Heights delivered checkmark 8 days ago (August 17), I was told to wait till Tuesday next week and a full credited refund.

Okay. Timing.

USPS delivered three packages last week.

In my 30+ years of experience, it can easily take a full three weeks (21 days) for delivery to Canada from the USA.

What date did eBay give you as a last estimated date for delivery?

Mark that date on your calendar and try not to think about it until then.

The purpose of the eIS program is Seller Protection. Once the shipment reaches Glendale Heights (which is 30 minutes down the road from O'Hare Airport btw) the seller's responsibility for delivery ends. EBay becomes responsible.

Most of the prices and shipping fees are extremely expensive for our poor Canadian dollar.

Yes.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

ebay gives me a refund for 1 order, that i never asked for,

EBay seems to have learned that the purchase could not be exported. If you told us exactly what it was we might make an educated guess.

Given that @captai_6426 mentioned that they had purchased fishing equipment, I’m going to half-educatedly guess that the package length exceeded the program’s 48” (122 cm) maximum.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

EBay Global Shipping is not acceptable for what I paid.

The seller was not using the now obsolete Global Shipping program.

They used the newer eBay International Shipping, which has sellers ship to Glendale Heights, near Chicago and O'Hare International Airport.

Both programs are Seller Protection programs.

The biggest difference that I see is that the GSP charged import fees up front to cover Canadian duty and sales taxes.

The eIS does not, and those fees will be collected on arrival. Be prepared. Imports from the USA have a dutyfree allowance of $150 and a tax free allowance of $40.

I should have ordered from a Japanese seller and used DHL

Imports from Japan have a $20 tax and duty free allowance. These fees are collected on delivery.

or FedEx.

FedEx and other couriers also charge a customs brokerage fee of $25 up.

Shipping is scheduled to take six weeks. I am into my second week.

So your purchase will arrive on or before September 22. This was on the invoice before you paid it.

You are covered by Paypal. But you are also covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee. Neither will allow you to open a Claim until the last estimated date for delivery has passed.

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

Most of the other complaints seem to involve computer parts.

devon@ebay

What is the current policy of the eIS and/or the US government regarding the export of such parts?

Message 40 of 46
latest reply