Paybright Payment plan (Official ebay financing) not working on Ebay

jalau_341
Community Member
I have been going in circles (HOURS AND HOURS) trying to use/fix the Paybright Payment plan that eBay officially offers on their website.

Straight from the website: eBay has arranged for PayBright to offer convenient installment plans where you can buy now and spread out the cost of your cart over time.

I was approved $5000 where you get a virtual credit card to use one time for 1 item.

The item in question is around $3000 but every time I tried to check out using this virtual credit card (NOT PAYPAL) it gives me an error and tells me to try a different credit card or use PayPal. It actually doesn't work for any listing, $1 or $3000. It just doesn't matter. Yes I even made purchases within Canada or USA.

I contacted Paybright and they tell me its eBay fault for declining.

I called eBay and they say its PayPal faults for decling as the sellers are using PayPal to accept the payment even if you use Credit cards and not PayPal (or in my case the virtual credit card) .

I called PayPal and they tell me the transaction has not even gone through to be declined and that I need to call eBay.

Long story short all three companies (eBay, PayBright and Paypal ) are all blaming someone else and none of the issues are being fixed.

Please help!
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @jalau_341 - sorry to hear that you've run into such trouble with this. I don't have a lot of troubleshooting that I can provide as I'm not able to access any account info from here. 

I can say that, in my experience, I've seen transactions like this fail if you are using a brand new or 'guest' account on eBay. 

Do you have an established eBay account you can use to make the purchase instead? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

tyler@ebay  It does not make a difference when using PayBright for the payment method. Used my friends account that is 10 years old and still telling me to use a different credit card or PayPal when I don't want too! My credit score when down a few point to uses eBay's official financing services by PayBright and I can't use it...

I don't want to use my personal credit card nor PayPal. I just want to use PayBrights payment plan from eBay which I was approved for $5000 ( It comes with a virtual credit credit to be used only on eBay).

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I have exactly the same issue. Could you solve your problem? any advice?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I am trying to buy something from ebay but they don't have paybright option. They have paypal, credit card and google pay. Apple, samsung every cmapny has paybright option except ebay.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

dgsco-41
Community Member

Something is wonkey for their system was pre approved with another company for a much higher amount and have a loan contract in place but denied eligibility for ebay process. They are also merging with Affirm right now which makes me think they are having technical issues, can't login either.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I had the seame difficulty recently 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Same issue here
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply