Perhaps someone can suggest a solution

I ordered and received an inexpensive fitness tracker from an eBay seller. It arrived in reasonable time in perfect condition. However, and that’s a big HOWEVER, there are absolutely no instructions with the items! Zero, Zip, Nada. I wrote To the seller who asked me with return email to send photographs of the product and their packaging. I did as requested and eBay sent my email back to me saying that they couldn’t send it until I revised it! I honestly don’t know what the heck I am supposed to revise!! I did not ask for a refund all I want is the instructions! If anyone can help, please offer your suggestion. I cannot even find a place to contact eBay Admin!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
Have you looked for the instructions online?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Should be easy enough to find the instructions on the manufacturer web site or some other internet post.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@bluesuitcases5 wrote:
... I wrote To the seller who asked me with return email to send photographs of the product and their packaging. I did as requested and eBay sent my email back to me saying that they couldn’t send it until I revised it!

Who couldn't send what?

eBay would not send your message?

Or the Seller will not send the instructions?

eBay message restrictions: 

No email addresses, phone numbers or other contact information, web addresses or links.

I believe there is also a size limit for images added to the message (jpg, png, gif)

tyler@ebay 

-..-

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Can you operate it without instructions?

If you can't, it is Not As Described and you can open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

I would not accept a promise of mailed instructions as a settlement of such a Dispute.

The tracker is almost certainly a poorly made knockoff and I would encourage you to use the return shipping which the seller is required to send you to get your money back.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

reference is made to "an inexpensive fitness tracker .... in perfect condition."

Was the item listed as new or used? Did the listing and/or pictures of the item indicate instructions included?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@bluesuitcases5 wrote:
... I wrote To the seller who asked me with return email to send photographs of the product and their packaging. I did as requested and eBay sent my email back to me saying that they couldn’t send it until I revised it!

Who couldn't send what?

eBay would not send your message?

Or the Seller will not send the instructions?

eBay message restrictions: 

No email addresses, phone numbers or other contact information, web addresses or links.

I believe there is also a size limit for images added to the message (jpg, png, gif)

tyler@ebay 

-..-

Hi @ypdc_dennis - thanks for the tag! To clarify - the majority of message restrictions apply pre-transaction. Once a customer has paid, you're allowed to exchange info you wouldn't normally be allowed to otherwise, with the idea being you may need to give that kind of info to arrange pick up, request additional info for shipping, etc. 

In the OP's situation I'm wondering if maybe there were some kind of images included that we caught. Typically we'd want you to use the 'attach photo' button instead of copy/pasting it into the body of the message. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply