Product not received after 90+ days

misshoser
Community Member

I purchased a product last spring and never received it. I contacted the seller throughout the year and kept getting promises that it would be sent ASAP. It was a custom-made product so delayed shipping was expected.

I've contacted the shipper again recently and got no reply. I've tried to contact ebay about the issue, but since it's 90+ days, it doesn't show in their list of products in the contact section, so I can't get the contact train moving.

I wish I had left feedback for the seller, but I was waiting for the product and it is now too late. I don't know what to do at this point. Does ebay have a means for dealing with orders more than 90 days old, or am I just screwed because I tried to be patient with a seller who asked for more time?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is one of those lessons that has to be learned the hard way, not to let a seller keep delaying you.  On a custom-made sale the seller should be allowing an extended handling time and that  will give you a long estimated delivery date.  Make a note of that date.

On eBay you have 30 days AFTER that last date to file a claim.  More than that and eBay won't help you.  

PayPal, if you have a PayPal account, gives you 180 days from when you PAID to file a claim.  That's about 6 months but it sounds like this has been nearly a year.   You can find the transaction in your PP acc and try it anyway.  

You will never get anything from the seller.  The story sounds like those Chinese wedding dress scams.  Those are popular because being custom orders it is easy to delay people until the claim date has passed.  With PayPal's 6 months this is not as easy as it used to be.  

If you paid by credit card you can always try the customer service number there and ask if they will do anything for you.  But after all this time it is not likely they will cover you either.  

In future if ever you need to file a claim, always click the option that you want a refund.  If you agree to a replacement the seller won't send it and you'll just be getting more delays.  A seller has a few days to respond to a claim, and if they do nothing, get eBay to step in and solve it for you.  Then take your refund and buy from somebody else.  

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I really hope this was not a wedding dress. That was my first thought too.

Go to Paypal.

Find your payment and copy the transaction number.

At the top of your PP account page under Tools is the PP Resolution Centre

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have 180 days from payment to do this.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

You have already done this, so move directly to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) you will be refunded.

If the seller left you any feedback (unlikely) you can add a Response to that feedback indefinitely. The most effective Responses are calm and factual. "Ordered Nov 5 Promised Jan 5 Not recd by Feb5" for example.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

What if it says you can no longer contact the seller when you message them?

thank

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Follow the instructions from seven months ago on obtaining a refund through PayPal.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply