Questions about shipment from USA to Canada

Hello all.

Unsure if I made thread in correct section of forum but hopefully some helpful advice would be nice...
Ordered eyeglasses from L.A. to be sent to me in Canada (via GSP) and still stuck (says delivered) to Cincinnati, OH on Thursday July 25 at 7AM.
Seems til today July 29 its still there...isnt it suppose to be at Kentucky (GSP) Center instead?

It would make more sense to have arrived at Kentucky as its final destination...instead of being stuck at Cincinnati for few days.

Anyone experience this or just another waiting game??

Much appreciate any positive feedback.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

marnotom!
Community Member
Any idea what carrier was used to ship the glasses from the seller to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky? The scan in Cincinnati may be a hub for that particular carrier.

You may be able to find out more about the carrier the seller used on this Pitney Bowes tracking site. Have your UPA. . . tracking code ready:

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

If memory serves me correctly, at the top of the page with the PB tracking information is link to click if you want to track the item on the carrier's website.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

^^ Thanks for the reply.

So USA Seller says International Priority Shipping, and uses USPS to ship. I do have a tracking number (all numbers only...and not a upaa********). As said, the USPS number only tracks up to Cincinnati, OH and says DELIVERED.

Reading a lot on Ebay.com site, many say their package goes to Kentucky GSP, henceforth ship internationally to Canada by another shipping company and shall provide a new tracking number (e.g. upaa*********) However in my case, it says DELIVERED but only up to Cincinnati, Ohio (which is suppose to be the 2nd to last stop for other buyers).

My concern is its sitting in OHIO since 25th...and today is 29th.

Hope that's clear.
-------------
  • Delivered
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235

-------------

• Jul 25, 2019
  • 5:12am
  • Departed USPS Regional Facility
  • CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

----------

• Jul 24, 2019
  • 11:19pm
  • Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
  • CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

----------

• Jul 24, 2019
  • 11:19pm
  • Arrived at Post Office
  • CINCINNATI, OH 45235

-----------

• Jul 24, 2019
  • 12:00am
  • In Transit to Next Facility

-------------

• Jul 23, 2019
  • 9:48pm
  • Departed USPS Regional Origin Facility
  • LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

--------------

• Jul 23, 2019
  • 5:47pm
  • Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
  • LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

-------------

• Jul 23, 2019
  • 4:32pm
  • Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
  • LOS ANGELES, CA 90036

--------------

• Jul 22, 2019
  • 2:37pm
  • Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
  • LOS ANGELES, CA 90017

--------------

• Jul 22, 2019
  • 10:20am
  • Tracking number provided
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

"International Priority Shipping" is the term Pitney Bowes (administrators of the Global Shipping Program) uses for all GSP shipments. It's pretty meaningless. It's just a catch-all term for its contracted network of freight forwarders, logistics companies and local shipping companies that handle items once they're received from the seller.

I believe the UPAA tracking information actually states "received by the Global Shipping Center" and not "delivered" when items are received at the Global Shipping Center, so I suspect your item's last scan is at a major USPS hub.

Key words: "Last scan." Your glasses may have moved on from there but there's either been no scan or the scan information hasn't been transmitted.

You should have a UPAA number right from the beginning of the shipment, though. If you're going off an email for your tracking number, check your "my eBay," and vice versa.

Having said all that, the ability to track your item, as wonderful as it is, isn't nearly as important as receiving your item. I used to check my items' tracking obsessively until I realized that doing this didn't make any difference to the speed of their passage or whether or not I received them intact.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

That is odd that tracking says delivered in Ohio.  If you haven’t done so already I would contact the seller and ask them to check if they gave you the correct tracking number.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @wa_luwhe_xkb9mudn - sorry to hear that the glasses aren't to you yet! The only GSP center in the US is in Kentucky, and USPS wouldn't use a 'delivered' scan in Ohio if they intended it to continue moving on to another state.

I agree with @pjcdn2005: consider contacting the seller to see if they got you the right tracking number. If they did I'd consider opening an Item not Received request. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

"That is odd that tracking says delivered in Ohio."

I don't think it's odd. From what I can see from similar discussions on the .com board, items processed by this USPS hub in Cincinnati show as "delivered" on the tracking info, which is different from "received at Global Shipping Center." I'm guessing that the tracking software doesn't have an appropriate descriptor for this part of the item's journey or somebody's keying in the wrong code when scanning the item.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Again, thanks for all the valued response and assistance.

As another member mentioned, to not constantly check tracking and let it be...LOL...

Guess what happened? On July 30 at 4AM I finally received my 2nd tracking number starting with upb*********** (not upa):

So apparently my first tracking number only indicated up to Cincinnati, OH and not Kentucky (like many other members have), which freaked me out a little as I have heard many stories about missing packages at (any) G.S.P.

Plus nothing was known to me from July 25th to 30th morning.

Since I have my upb****************** tracking, I was able to see more info (below).

All in all, safe to say the package is in  (eastern) Canada now, so awaiting to be sent to B.C.

Appreciate the positive feedback and you guys must be my good luck charm cause since I posted, the tracking is going smoothly (for now). Coronas on me next time LOL...

• Aug 1, 2019
  • 12:56pm
  • Customs Cleared
  •  
  • Jul 31, 2019
  • 12:11pm
  • Customs Cleared
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 10:30pm
  • In Transit with Destination Carrier
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 3:36pm
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 10:55am
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 10:49am
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 6:55am
  •  
  • Jul 30, 2019
  • 6:49am
  •  
  • Jul 29, 2019
  • 11:48pm
  •  
  • Jul 29, 2019
  • 12:21pm
  •  
  • Jul 29, 2019
  • 11:27am
  • Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
  • Erlanger, Kentucky 41025-2501
  • Jul 26, 2019
  • 11:24am
  • Customs Documentation and Labeling
  • Jul 25, 2019
  • 11:41pm
  • Processing at the Global Shipping Center
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Gotta love all the scans your item got on Monday 😆

Anyway, you're welcome! I'm in BC myself (Vancouver Island) and my prediction is that you'll see your item arrive Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest, depending on your location.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Haha yah I hope it arrives soon and fits well too.

Cheers mate!!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yay!!
Arrived today before Noon.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Sorry can't undo post, saw that it went through customs.  

Are you sure that is allowed under GSP?  I know that sending eyeglasses, prescription or not from Canada to the US is prohibited.

prohibited.jpg

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@musicyouneed, I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses from a US-based website marketing to Canada a couple of years ago with no problems, not that that really means anything, of course
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I also purchased some frames and they came through no problem.  However, the GSP program stops things at the border, like guitars with inlay of prohibited items.   I just thought it might have been held up for that reason.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Sometimes the problem is too much communication.

The tracking shows the item left Los Angeles on the 22nd, arrived in KY on the 25th, and the OP reports arrival on the second.

Eleven days in transit, including a weekend.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply