Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

Re: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Hello. On March 5th, I bought an item from New York which is being shipped by the Global shipping program to Vancouver. The item never showed as 'delivered' to the Erlanger shipping center, but did show as going through processing and then clearing customs there. It then showed as being 'shipped to the international destination' and I received an email from Canada Post saying that 'electronic shipping information has been sent by the shipper.' Later, on the tracking link from my purchases page on ebay, I also got a tracking number for Canpar. Several days later the item showed as processing and clearing customs again in Erlanger and I received a second tracking email from Canada Post with a second tracking number, as well as a second tracking number from Canpar. I phoned Canpar and they said they were not the shipper for my item. They thought Canada Post was the shipper, but told me to phone Pitney Bowes to find out for sure. I did, and the rep at Pitney Bowes not only did not know why I would receive two separate sets of tracking info from two different shipping companies, but they could not tell me who was shipping my order or where it was. The original delivery date was for between March 14th to 17th, but later changed to between the 17th and the 25th. Also the tracking link on my purchases page was updated to say 'In transit with destination carrier,' but there have been no further tracking updates on Canada Post. It is now 19 days in transit and 6 days late from the original deadline. Should I consider the item lost?

Message 2041 of 3,104
latest reply

" later changed to between the 17th and the 25th"

Obviously, something went very wrong with that shipment.  Wait until the 26th to declare it lost.

Message 2042 of 3,104
latest reply

afantiques wrote:

(The GSP) is rarely any benefit to a buyer, but it was never meant to be. It's a comfort blanket for neurotic US sellers. Might as well have the facts straight though.

Exactly.

Message 2043 of 3,104
latest reply

and it will be delivered tomorrow.

Or not.

It takes about 15 to 20 days , in my experience for items shipped from the USA to arrive in Canada, whatever the postal system or courier promises. And whether your seller used the GSP or not.

In fact, since GSP parcels have already been assessed for duty and sales taxes, they sail through the border, where the same item may be held up for a few days by CBSA if things are busy.

If you are not home when the parcel arrives, Canada Post will leave you a delivery slip telling you where you can pick up your order. Again whether the seller used GSP or not. If he didn't you may be required to pay duty and tax at the PO counter, or not.

I see no reason for a buyer to pay for tracking on any parcel, since if it is not delivered, the buyer gets all her payment back unless the seller can prove delivery.

Message 2044 of 3,104
latest reply

Are wristwatches with LIZARD bands restricted from being shipped thru the Global Shipping Program? I bought a watch from a US seller (I'm Canadian), and was refunded my money and informed the item could not be delivered due to eBay restrictions. I have bought many watches with lizard bans and never had this problem. I WANT THE WATCH, NOT THE REFUND!!! J.P. Kiers

Item # 400886923912

Message 2045 of 3,104
latest reply

Almost certainly the mention of 'Lizard' triggered a precautionary block due to possible CITES violation.

Message 2046 of 3,104
latest reply

If you, as is often the case myself, buy things internationally and get away without paying duties and taxes you are getting a free ride. The importing rules have been there since the beginning of time (almost anyway, but YEARS before ebay ever existed) you and I just managed to squeak by for years. The taxes and duties are a Canadian government "thing" NOT an ebay/PB thing...

Message 2047 of 3,104
latest reply

Who is a carrier, and when can I expect it?...For 4 days my order is "in transit".

You will probably get the item through Canada Post, but it might be CanPar or even FedEx, depending on the size of the parcel and your location.

It normally takes 20 days for items to arrive from the USA, occasionally less.

Most items are not tracked as such, but are Delivery Confirmed. Your item has been received by PitneyBowes/GSP in Kentucky, sent to Canada (and we just passed the Easter Long Weekend, four days in which the Canadian Public Service and Canada Post do not work).

If your item has not turned up within 30 days of purchase, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

If GSP cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded in full.

Message 2048 of 3,104
latest reply

"It normally takes 20 days for items to arrive from the USA, occasionally less."

That's pretty much what it took for my single GSP purchase so far.

"Most items are not tracked as such, but are Delivery Confirmed."

The Tracking #s provided were surprisingly detailed - much better than I anticipated after many of the posts here.

Message 2049 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi

I bought an Xbox one via the global shipping program back on April 1. here is what it says on the purchase history. the tracking history hasn't updated in the last 2 days. can someone tell me if the item is lost? I traced the postal code and it came to Canpar in Etobicoke. I called them to ask about the package and they gave me the runaround.

Last scanned dateWednesday, Apr 8, 2015
Package locationETOBICOKE , ON

Time and datePlaceMessage
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015
6:05 PM
ETOBICOKE, ON In Transit with Destination Carrier
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015
6:02 PM
ETOBICOKE, ON In Transit with Destination Carrier
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015
10:27 AM
ETOBICOKE, ON Customs Cleared
Wednesday, Apr 8, 2015
12:09 AM
Erlanger, Shipped from the Global Shipping Center to International Destination
Tuesday, Apr 7, 2015
9:58 PM
Erlanger, Customs Documentation and Labeling
Tuesday, Apr 7, 2015
9:44 PM
Erlanger, Processing at the Global Shipping Center
Monday, Apr 6, 2015
6:54 PM
ERLANGER, KY Delivered
Monday, Apr 6, 2015
6:54 PM
ERLANGER, KY Arrived at the Global Shipping Center-Delivered
Monday, Apr 6, 2015
12:45 PM
ERLANGER, KY Arrived at Post Office
Monday, Apr 6, 2015
12:45 PM
ERLANGER, KY In Transit-Arrived at Post Office
Saturday, Apr 4, 2015
5:17 AM
CHATTANOOGA, TN Departed USPS Facility
Saturday, Apr 4, 2015
5:17 AM
CHATTANOOGA, TN In Transit-Departed USPS Facility
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
10:04 PM
CHATTANOOGA, TN Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
10:04 PM
CHATTANOOGA, TN In Transit-Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
8:39 PM
OOLTEWAH, TN Departed Post Office
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
8:39 PM
OOLTEWAH, TN In Transit-Departed Post Office
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
3:32 PM
OOLTEWAH, TN Acceptance
Friday, Apr 3, 2015
3:32 PM
OOLTEWAH, TN In Transit-Acceptance

Message 2050 of 3,104
latest reply

It will probably be updated after it has arrived. Nothing to worry about at this time.

Message 2051 of 3,104
latest reply

006bird
Community Member

F2902396314387

See above order number. I have an unusual charge in my Paypal related to the above order number. Can you tell me what the item is?

Jim

Message 2052 of 3,104
latest reply

Was this an item purchased through the Global Shipping Program?  If so, take a look at the listing.  You will see the price, the shipping charge and "import charges" (if the value exceeds Cdn$ 20)

Message 2053 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi Kalvin,

I recently purchased an item and according to the seller it was sent from them to ebay global shipping. It was due to arrive on April 11th and I still haven't received it. I have tried tracking the item but it shows nothing. The tracking # I have is UPAAB000000103361440 and the item # is 251426050761. Hoping you can help track down, thanks.

Shane

Message 2054 of 3,104
latest reply

Yes, I paid shipping and import fees

Message 2055 of 3,104
latest reply

"Yes, I paid shipping and import fees"

To whom did you pay shipping and import fees?

Message 2056 of 3,104
latest reply

This is a member to member board so we can't look up transactions. If you purchased an item through the global shipping program the item cost plus shipping within the U.S. would show as being received by the seller. The international shipping portion and the import fees would show as being paid to Pitney Bowes.

If that isn't the case, you should phone Paypal. Sign into your account and then click on the contact us at the bottom of the page.

Message 2057 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi Shane,

Kalvin doesn't work for ebay anymore and the only people who read these discussion boards are other ebay users.  You purchased this item on March 23...correct? Did you contact the seller and ask if he did send the item, when it was sent and if he sent it though the GSP? (when you contact him, use the topic choice that you want to ask a question about your item) 

He should probably have a USPS tracking number that would show the item did reach the GSP center in Kentucky. Assuming that he sent it within a couple of days after purchase,  you can file an item not received claim through the resolution center or you can wait a few more days. I would probably wait until Tuesday to see if it is delivered by then.  You can open the claim here -   http://resolutioncenter.ebay.ca/

Are you checking that tracking number by clicking on it through your purchase in my ebay? Those tracking numbers should work, I'm not sure why they don't work all the time.

Message 2058 of 3,104
latest reply

I have had a package stuck in the Global Shipping Center since Monday. The first item I bought went through the process very easily and without any delay. My second item has not gone smoothly and there is no way of finding out what went wrong.

Based on my experience to-date I will now only deal with sellers who offer an alternative to the Global Shipping Program. Sellers who only offer Global Shipping will NOT get my business.

Message 2059 of 3,104
latest reply

It's possible that it is still at the global shipping hub but it is just as possible that it has left there. Global tracking info can be slow to be updated.

Message 2060 of 3,104
latest reply