Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Do you have questions about the Global Shipping Program? Please post here & I'll do my best to track those answers down for you!

If you have any comments about the program, use this forum instead.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 5 of 3,104
latest reply
3,103 REPLIES 3,103

If a large company like Pitney Bowes is not paying the appropriate duty and sales taxes, you should be reporting them to Revenue Canada.

With copies to tthe Toronto Star, the Globe and Mail, and your Member of Parliament.

Message 2961 of 3,104
latest reply

Do you ship to Pictou, Nova Scotia b0k 1h0.  Items are in Dix NY.

Message 2962 of 3,104
latest reply

This is a member to member board.

Your seller in the uS (or UK) who uses the Global Shipping Program, ships to anywhere in Canada.

You will be charged 'import fees' at the time of purchase.

These fees consist of prepayment of applicable duty on any item purchased for more than $20CDN (about $16USD) PLUS  Nova Scotia's HST PLUS about $5 USD in service fees.

Just before you agree to pay, the total for these 'import fees' will appear.

If they are too high, stop right there.

There is no transaction if you do not agree to pay.

The seller ships to the GSP plant in Kentucky (or Britain) and they ship to Canada. Once in Canada most GSP shipments are delivered by Canada Post.

If you have any questions about the item, there is a Contact Seller at the right of the picture and a Questions for Seller at the very very bottom of the Description in tiny print.

If a seller does not answer your questions, do NOT buy. It won't get better.

Message 2963 of 3,104
latest reply

How long do packages usually get stuck in Kentucky? It "arrived" Monday and hasn't changed since.
Message 2964 of 3,104
latest reply

@lshishkaberryl wrote:

How long do packages usually get stuck in Kentucky? It "arrived" Monday and hasn't changed since.

Or the tracking information may have stopped working on eBay.  It happens.

Having said that, your item will probably be out of the Global Shipping Center today or tomorrow at the latest.  

If you need more confirmation of the fact you haven't yet received  your item, you can also check on your item here:

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

Message 2965 of 3,104
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program and tracking are both Seller Protection policies that are not meant to help the buyer.

In this case, it seems to have caused you more anguish than comfort.

If the item does not appear by the last estimated date that eBay gave you, open an Item Not Received Dispute and get a refund.

If it shows up after that you have a dilemma, because the seller has been paid and the GSP does not want it back and you have both the money and the doohickey.

I suppose you could make either the refund or the item a donation to your favourite charity.

If you are not home when the carrier brings your parcel, you will get a Notice telling you where and when you can pick it up, usually your local Postal Outlet.

Message 2966 of 3,104
latest reply

What happen to my order no action since Jun-03-17, 04:27 AM.... 

Thanks

Message 2967 of 3,104
latest reply

Did the seller advertise that he was using the Global Shipping Program?

You would have paid 'import fees'  at the time of purchase along with the selling price and the shipping price.

(Import fee cover appropriate duty and sales taxes along with a $5 service fee to the GSP).

What date did eBay give you for delivery?

Over 30 days is a long time from the USA or the UK,the only two countries where the GSP is used.

If your item is later than eBay's estimate* here is some boilerplate information I prepared for such situations:

You have 30 days after that 'last estimated date for arrival' to open a Dispute with eBay's Resolution Centre, which is at the bottom of this page.
The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller. Don’t get into a conversation.
Just ask “When was this sent? What service was used? What is the tracking number?”
Don’t get into a conversation. You want either a prompt refund OR a tracking number that shows the purchase is in Canada.
Do NOT accept a replacement. It won’t arrive.
Do NOT close the Dispute until you have the product or the refund.
If you have already attempted to Contact the Seller,  skip that step, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, go to your Paypal account.
You have 180 days from payment for this Dispute.
Find the transaction and copy the number.
The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools
Same process basically, skip the Contact Seller and escalate to a Claim.
If the seller cannot prove Delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

In future, read the feedback.
Don't buy from sellers with less than 98% positive (99% for Asian sellers)
Read the negative feedback , including seller responses, for patterns like slow or no delivery, poor communication, low quality, counterfeits.

Not all of this will apply to you.

*and sometimes that estimate can be 30/40 /60 days or more. Check.

Message 2968 of 3,104
latest reply

Hi how can I find out where my parcel is
Message 2969 of 3,104
latest reply

@country_gal00 wrote:

If your item was forwarded through the Global Shipping Program, this page may be able to tell you the last place it received a scan.

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

You're not likely going to get any information on its location when it's in transit between Kentucky and the Canadian receiving hub (likely Mississauga).

If your item wasn't forwarded through the GSP, the above link won't work for you.  Sometimes sellers have no clue how to use the program and will ship directly to the buyer.

Message 2970 of 3,104
latest reply

@country_gal00 wrote:

Din't you get an email from eBay with the link for tracking?

Message 2971 of 3,104
latest reply

@lshishkaberryl wrote:

Same issue. Shipped May 30 just 64 miles from P-B's Erlanger facility. Got hung up there until June 8.

Since I got three unusual emails from eBay about delivery I assume there was a glitch that week.

Message 2972 of 3,104
latest reply

@robbwell wrote:

Same issue. Shipped May 30 just 64 miles from P-B's Erlanger facility. Got hung up there until June 8.

@Hold up, Robbwell.  I'm confused now.  I thought your problem was that the seller's choice of shipping method for your carb part took nine calendar days to reach the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky after you paid for it.  You wrote:

Nine days after ordering (5 holidays and 4 business days) it has moved 64 miles to the PB hub at Erlanger, KY

Message 2973 of 3,104
latest reply

Chalk me up as a victim of the GSP. Was slapped with a $77 import fee that I only found out about upon payment.

I don't even understand how eBay justifies Import fees on things. Canada and the US have free trade agreement - you may have heard of it, called NAFTA that waives import fees on second hand goods.
Message 2974 of 3,104
latest reply

PS: I sent a PM to the seller informing him that I wasn't going to buy it on principal. Paying almost 1/5th of the value of the actual item just on shipping and non-existent duty fees is ridiculous.
Message 2975 of 3,104
latest reply

NAFTA waives most duty on most products manufactured in the signatory countries.

And as you say, there is no duty on secondhand goods, no matter what their origin.

There may be duty assessed and collected on item manufactured in countries we DON'T have a Free Trade agreement with, even if they were purchased in the USA (or Mexico).

BUT

Any item imported into Canada with a value of $20 CDN (~$16USD) is still subject to SALES TAXES. (GST/HST/PST), which vary from province to province.

And the shipper is allowed to charge a service fee (brokerage fee) for wrangling the item across the border. Canada Post charges $9.95. The GSP abou $5.

Message 2976 of 3,104
latest reply

this may seem like a dumb question, and i don't know if it's been asked/answered before, but if i have not received my item by the estimated delivery date, and i file an "Item Not Received" claim, do i still get my package?  because i would really like my item, but i also need ebay to know that i haven't received my item despite their estimated delivery claim.  i also ask because this is the first time i've ever ordered anything using GSP, and the first time an item has not arrived by the estimated delivery time.

Message 2977 of 3,104
latest reply

You may get your refund and then get the package.

GSP has many faults*, but they are quite good at getting the shipment to the addressee within the eBay time frame.

What usually happens is you open the Claim, the package shows up in your mailbox, (because: Murphy's Law) , you close the Claim, you leave positive FB for the seller. Smiley Happy

Or you open the Claim, and are refunded.

Then the parcel is delivered and you have a dilemma.

Ethically**, you can't keep both the money and the item.

The seller has been paid and doesn't want it back.

GSP certainly doesn't want it back.

You can keep it, donate it, or donate the money, I guess.

Your choice.

*Many many many faults.

**Legally, you can.

Message 2978 of 3,104
latest reply

I to have come across this global Shady program I call it import fee and yeah it's whatever they want you to pay and I told them that why is some exact items different than other ones and they said it's because of where the sellers located that they charge you import charges and yeah they charge whatever they want they just make it up like ordered two items from one buyer buyer said they were going to combine shipping seeing as how it was thru global Shipping couldn't reverse it after the fact seller put both in one box global Shipping charged me twice two different packages one package got shipped another EG right now have to Vintage products bought not paid for seller said can reduce the shipping fees worked out to $47 for shipping for a $20 item Canadian dollars Seller said they can ship first class cheaper I said okay and agreed to make the payment after agreeing seller selling through the global Shipping program and can't reverse it locked in saying I have to pay $47.73 each item $27.84 Can. the other one $26.50. So now that I agreed to pay The seller can't change it and can't combine shipping either like the seller said they could the cellar contacting eBay saying you can't change it so in and said and done total price for items 54.34 can and total shipping for items is 95.46 can all in $149.80 now **bleep** how does that even make sense in reality now if I choose not to pay I have to opt out of it making my account look bad because the seller won't cancel the order. Be very leery about the global Shipping or should I say the global Shady program
Message 2979 of 3,104
latest reply

Sellers who choose to use the GSP are very suspicious and paranoid about shipping outside the USA. Often including to Hawai'i and don't even think about Puerto Rico.

GSP items can be combined. The buyer has to use the Shopping Cart. This is not an option.

White space is your friend.

Message 2980 of 3,104
latest reply