Shipping from china takes forever!

I have been an ebay active buyer for over 10 years now and always loved the experience. For the last 8 months it has become such a frustrating process. It seems most of the items i am interested in are from china. It use to take max 1 month or 5 weeks for items to arrive now it is well over 3 months and most of my purchases never get here. I have been refunded for some items but it did take so much messages tome and effort. I am trying to resolve my issues with the sellers because i want to avoid opening cases since pretty much 90 % of my items dont get here. YES I DID SAY 90 %. This is making the hole shopping experience totaly unpleasant and i just want to find a better place to shop but then i wonder...is itvthe sellers that have become untrustworthy and not even ship the items in the first place as many seem to think...is it the canadian postal service that has started to slack? Dont know what is going on and looking to see what others are experiencing.
Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

@balance100462 wrote:

The last item that I received (just last week), shipped from China, took 10 weeks to arrive to me. The previous 3 items took over 14 weeks to arrive!!!!! It's obviously a big problem for consumers, and it's clear that eBay doesn't really care about it at all.

I for one will not order any items shipped from China anymore, and as a result of this annoying experience I've completely lost my desire to shop on eBay overall. 

eBay has tweaked the delivery estimates for items located in China and they're considerably longer than those for items located in Europe or North America.  I also get the impression that items located in China don't show up as readily in search results as they used to do.

How would eBay demonstrate to you that it "cares" about this situation?

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

nz/oz and stuff gets there in 2-4 weeks. They not using dope there?

There doesn't seem to be the same problem. BC alone had over 900 deaths from fentanyl overdoses last year.

And thousands more were rescued.

And that's literal, not figurative. Thousands.

Naproxalone (?)kits which reverse the effects of the drug are now standard with first responders in BC  and Ontario is starting to see bad drugs appear there too.

https://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/blog/powerful-opioid-fentanyl-poses-serious-risk-fatal-overdose

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

There doesn't seem to be the same problem. BC alone had over 900 deaths from fentanyl overdoses last year.

I also suspect that Australia and New Zealand have a more efficient and thorough screening process for mail that's been in place for far longer than the fentanyl crisis.  Meanwhile, the Harper Government made cuts to CBSA's staffing and operations five years ago or so.

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Ah yes.

Conservatives-- the gift that keeps on taking.

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Hi! I think is not any problem with Canada Post, I ordered an item from China on 17 April and arrived on 6 June, and I had estimated to arrive on 13 June. I think the problems are with the sellers. Good luck!
Message 25 of 31
latest reply

I believe in Australia there's a good supply of home made meth. Tho I wish them deth for the horrors people commit on that drug.

From what I've seen, in NZ they have a culture that likes that other pointy leaf.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

QUOTE: Open your claims. Stop buying from China for now, switch to sellers from elsewhere. QUOTE END

haha... good one! After having purchased a few items from China and 'neighbourhood' within the past year and waiting up to 107 days, I STOPPED NOW BUYING from LISTED ITEM LOCATIONS as China, Hong Kong, Szechuan etc.....

Well, the last one stated clearly: Item location: Saint-Lauren, Quebec, Canada. I thought: cool, the price is a bit higher than the ones from 'you know' and there is also shipping costs added, but since it get shipped from within Canada, nothing can go wrong.

ROFL. It is now day 24 of 'shipping', there was no tracking# provided and I can run now my tail off. Again. It happened before to me, and without me doing too much against it, that particular seller is not a registered seller anymore. Good, apparently more people got p.o.

I quote an eBayer from another post:

eBay needs to take this kind of trickery seriously & make it mandatory that the shipping location be accurate as well as have the option for the buyer to decline the purchase if the seller cant ship from the location or by the shipping method stated in the listing.

Sellers who fail to comply should have their accounts suspended if they continue  to offend.

I can't even imagine how somebody's life is affected when they order multiple items and have to correspond non-stop with the sellers.

eBay, please STOP this paractice.

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

no, you are wrong, Canada Post is the culprit. I've had ordered an item from California, and I am straight up the WestCoast in Canada.

The tracking# provided the necessary info: received after 3 days in canada/Richmond. Customs had it for 1 day, then Canada Post took over. They sent it to the mail sorting center in Mississauga/Ontario (the other side of the continent, LOL), where it was sitting for 1 whole month, then it was sent back to Richmond and 2 days later I had it in my mailbox.

BS, seller's fault... it is Canada Post who is not organized. Can write a book about missing and wrong delivered mail over the past 15 years. Everything nicely documented, with pics taken of mail that ended wrongly up in my mail box, or neighbors who got my mail and delivered it. 

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

QUOTE: I for one will not order any items shipped from China anymore, and as a result of this annoying experience I've completely lost my desire to shop on eBay overall. QUOTE END

I completely agree with you. As an occasional buyer and a person, who lives (unfortunately?) on an (even big) island, I am trapped. Can't get anything here, and ordering on ebay is a nerve-wrecking experience. Now. Not in the 'good old ebay days'. I am on ebay since 2002 and just a few years ago it was not a problem ordering from these countries. It took sometimes 5 weeks to have the item in my mailbox, but I am ok with that. Now.... the last small item took 107 days to arrive!!!!!!! That is more than 15 weeks. They refunded kindly after 102 days, because I knew there would be a delay...but 15 WEEKS? Then I had to send the money again after the envelope arrived. Yes, I am a (stupid) honest person, could have kept it and not told them that it arrived. But it's not my style. 

Now, I have a problem with an item, where the item location was stated Canada, but it is now 3 1/2 weeks and it is still not here. Most likely sent from 'you know'. No tracking of course, even I paid for shipping. I am sooo mad! Have to wait now for answer from the seller.

eBay won't care if we don't order on eBay anymore, as long there are too many other people who won't stand up for their case, even if it is only a small one.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

As I replied to you on another thread, if you don't have your item from a sale that listed the order location as shipping from Canada, open your Item Not Received case promptly. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply

item location was stated Canada, but it is now 3 1/2 weeks and it is still not here.

EBay lets you open an Item Not Received Dispute during the 30 days following the last estimated delivery date they gave you.

When ordering items, it only makes sense to look at the estimated delivery time before paying.

If the time is over 20 days, the seller is simply not in North America.

If the estimated delivery date still has not arrived, you can go to Paypal and open an Item Not Received Dispute in their Resolution Centre for 180 days after payment.

If the seller did not use tracking,he cannot prove delivery.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

Without tracking ,you will be refunded.

If the item arrives after the refund you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply