Shipping

daal6390
Community Member
About a week ago I bought an item from a seller with fine reviews. They shipped out the same day and provided a tracking number. A few days later I notice that the package says “delivered” to a random address in IL (I’m from Canada). I contacted the seller telling them they probably sent me the wrong tracking number, they got back to me saying that was the address given. I then send a screenshot of the order details including the actual shipping address I provided. They responded the day later with a screenshot of their side showing the address they got (the one they sent to). I don’t know what to do? I don’t know what happened and obviously won’t be receiving the order. How can I get my money back? Who’s mistake was this? Was I scammed?
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shipping

marnotom!
Community Member

Go back to the listing page and check the shipping method being used.  I'm betting that it's stated as "eBay International Shipping," which is a mail consolidation and forwarding service.  Sellers send the item to a sorting hub in Illinois where the item is checked out, relabelled, and sent onto its destination.

No mistake was made.  No need to worry about where your item is until the delivery time window.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Shipping

The benefit of the eIS program for your seller is that he only has to ship to that US address and his responsiblity for delivery ends.

This is a big deal for Americans who are very nervous of selling outside the Lower 48 States. Many will not ship to Alaska or Puerto Rico or to Military addresses.

This is a new program - replacing the Global Shipping Program- so there are a lot of nervous posts about it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply