Should I be worried about not getting my packages in my situation?

bodi179
Community Member

Context: 

I purchased some Pokemon trading cards from a seller located in Japan on October 23rd. The shipping duration said around 1-2 weeks, but it has been over 8 weeks already!

I checked the seller's Ebay page today and to my surprise, there are no items listed for sale anymore and even worse, I noticed that out of the 24 negative feedback reviews the seller has, SEVENTEEN of them were written from THIS month alone all saying pretty much the same thing: "Don’t buy from this seller, as he doesn’t ship and has poor communication".

Two weeks ago on Nov 28th, the seller asked if my items arrived and I said nothing has, to which he replied he will resend and it will be another 10-14 days. It has been16days already since that message with no packages and he has not responded to any of my other messages after that.

Should I be worried about getting my items? The latest estimated delivery date is January 2nd. I do not know whether I should report to Ebay or wait until a bit after January 7th to see if the packages were just delayed.ho oh.jpgInkednegativefeedback_LI.jpg

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Should I be worried about not getting my packages in my situation?

Do not wait any more. Do not believe any more promises of delivery by the seller. File an eBay item not received claim immediately. Get your money back now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Do not wait any more. Do not believe any more promises of delivery by the seller. File an eBay item not received claim immediately. Get your money back now.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Do you think this seller really has an identical set of Pokémon cards to reship? I don’t.

I think the fact that you’ve posted to this discussion board is an indication that you know that something’s amiss here.

Focus on recovering your funds now. You can always repay the seller if the cards arrive after your refund is issued.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You need to look at those 17 more closely to see what your worry level should be.

How many are from different buyers (the image you included shows 7 negatives from 2 buyers).

Mark on a calendar when ebay's did-not-receive guarantee kicks in (coverage is the 30 day period after last estimated delivery date). Open a case if the purchase has not arrived by then. Do not accept an offer to reship. Only close the case after your money has been refunded (not before). You can ask ebay to step in after 3 business days of opening the case if the Seller does not respond.

https://www.ebay.ca/myb/PurchaseHistory -- you may need to set See orders from to "2019" to see your purchase.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

The problem is that the latest delivery date is January 2nd. Ebay staets I can only file an Item Not Received case after that date. Is it possible to call up a support representative and explain my situation to file for a refund right away?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The problem is that the latest delivery date is January 2nd. Ebay staets I can only file an Item Not Received case after that date. Is it possible to call up a support representative and explain my situation to file for a refund right away?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You have three levels of Buyer Protection.

The first is eBay.

You have 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery to open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

As others have said, do NOT accept an offer to replace. It won't happen.

And do NOT close the Dispute until you see the refund in your Paypal account*.

The second is Paypal.

You have 180days (six months) from Payment to open an INR on PP.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The third is the credit card you back your PP account with.

Card policies on chargebacks differ, but if you phone the 1-800 customer service number on the card, they will tell you their policies and standards.

NOW

It is best to do those in that order.

Because if you go to your card first, PP and eBay will not accept your dispute.

If you go to PP first, eBay will not accept your dispute.

Because: double dipping.

But in this instance it would be best to start with PP. The process is automatic, just carefully follow the instructions PP's bots give you.

State that the seller is Not A Registered Used (NARU) if that is true. This will help the Dispute move faster.

You can do this today.

*If you back your PP account with a credit card, the refund will show there not in your PP account.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

The shipping duration said around 1-2 weeks, but it has been over 8 weeks already!

You also say that the last estimated date for delivery is January.

Which is it?

Those two dates should roughly match, because the delivery period is based on the seller's handling time and the shipper's approximate delivery period.

Also I suspect your seller is not in Japan, if only because of my possibly irrational prejudice that the Japanese are a pathologically honest people.

There is no good reason for to ship a small package by Surface. The difference in cost is minor, compared to the customer satisfaction.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The shipping duration said around 1-2 weeks, but it has been over 8 weeks already!

You also say that the last estimated date for delivery is January.

Which is it?

Seller's description said 1-2 weeks and Ebay's estimated delivery time said November 6th to January. It's their words, not mine. But I looked at the seller's feedback and there's more negative reviews, with the new reviews claiming the seller offered to resend, but the buyers never got it, which 100% confirms I'm not getting my cards. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Go for the eBay dispute.

If you can't open it, go for the Paypal dispute.

Get your money back. There is no chance of ever seeing the cards.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply