Skip Paypal Account and Use Bank Account To Pay

Someone is asking me to purchase something for them as they do not have a eBay/Paypal account.  They will put the money in my bank account but usually I pay from my Paypal account so I haven't noticed if I can choose what option to pay with.

So, is there an option to choose to pay from my Bank Account instead of my Paypal account?

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@greenmangoes wrote:

Someone is asking me to purchase something for them as they do not have a eBay/Paypal account.  They will put the money in my bank account but usually I pay from my Paypal account so I haven't noticed if I can choose what option to pay with.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/popup/about-payment-methods

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm not sure I understand the question but...

Paypal always withdraws funds from the balance of my account before any other funding source. I don't know that you can override that. 

Maybe the person should try Guest Checkout.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There is an option to choose your preferred method of payment - PayPal balance, linked credit card(s) or linked bank account(s).  Once this is chosen, it will show that as your payment method, but there is always an option to change that before you confirm a payment.

When you choose the bank account option, unless you get the "pay after delivery" option at checkout, any bank payment is treated like a cheque, and must by processed by both your bank and PayPal before the payment is cleared, delaying shipping by several days.

It is extremely easy to set up an eBay and PayPal account, no need to be dependent upon a friend or family.  It seems more bother to put money in your account and then wait for you to make the purchase, than to just do it themselves.  They can set up an eBay account in minutes, and use a credit card for instant purchase, or wait the few days for PayPal to confirm their banking info.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Your friend buys something.

He puts money in your bank account.

Whee! Free Money!

You pay for his thing with your Paypal account.

Is your PP backed by a credit card?

Use his bank deposit to make a payment on your credit card.

Is your PP backed by your PP balance (usually )?

If there is not enough in your PP balance, PP should automatically move to either your bank account or your cc, depending on which you used as your secondary payment source.

However.

As has been mentioned, if your friend is not an eBay member, he can buy with his own credit card as a Guest.

There is NO REASON to involve you in the purchase.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Have you known this guy for long?

Do you know where he lives and have you been to his place?

Did he approach you on the internet?

Frankly, this sounds hinkey.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It's a family member and I know where she lives.  LOL.

I'm going to have her open an ebay and paypal account so she can make the purchase and pay via her bank account. Do you know if she can buy something without having a credit card linked to her Paypal account?  She doesn't have a credit card.

Thanks

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Once the money is in your account it is just money, your money. You can pay however you like and usually do it., There is no need to use that specific money. Which is in any case blended in with the money already in your account.

I can understand some one not wanting more stuff to log into and manage.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply