Something weird is going on with China Post

I ordered two items on the same day. One was shipped January 7th and the other on January 8th. I got the first one a week later. It is now January 23rd. I checked the China Post tracking and it is still at "Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported directly" since January 13th. What's going on? It also says "Shipped on the 12th of January".
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's not your problem.

Tracking is a Seller Protection. It is used by sellers to win phoney disputes about non-delivery.

EBay gave you a 'last estimated date' for delivery.

If your item doesn't show up after that, you have 30 more days to open an eBay dispute and get a refund.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you get the refund. Simple.

Your item was mailed about two weeks ago. I usually allow 30 days for delivery from Asia.

Your purchase is probably on its way. Mark that 'last estimated date' on your calendar and don't worry until then.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I live near Toronto, Canada by the way.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

As another poster observed a while back, tracking only tells you where the item has been.  It doesn't tell you where the item is right now.  Your second item may well be awaiting inspection by Canada Border Services by now, having had no further scans along the way, or else those scans--for whatever reason--haven't transmitted.  

If you're really interested in more up-to-date information on your package, you could try using that tracking number on the Canada Post website in case it's been scanned in Canada.  However, it's likely going to tell you essentially the same thing:  You don't have your item yet.  And you know that already.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The speed at which your items are delivered depends on the shipping service that was used by the seller. The postage service that you selected and paid to use.

Please be aware, however, that there may be delays in receiving items from China due to Customs processing. There is presently a backlog at incoming Customs for inspection of items from China because China is exporting illegal drugs into Canada and it's killing people at alarming rates. There is more going on behind-the-scenes than we know. This affects many buyers in Canada and sellers in China; we see several threads per week about it here.

Personally, I am asking ebay to take a position on this so buyers and sellers presently know what to expect with merchandise coming from China, and also for ebay to ask the federal government to step in and pressure the Chinese government to halt production of these dangerous drugs for export. Don't blame the Customs agents, they didn't ask for this problem, they are simply responding to a situation which was not of their creation. 

Please read below for more information. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Canada post says "Tracking is not a feature for this item". The tracking number is RD578308963CN.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

That's not your problem.

Tracking is a Seller Protection. It is used by sellers to win phoney disputes about non-delivery.

EBay gave you a 'last estimated date' for delivery.

If your item doesn't show up after that, you have 30 more days to open an eBay dispute and get a refund.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you get the refund. Simple.

Your item was mailed about two weeks ago. I usually allow 30 days for delivery from Asia.

Your purchase is probably on its way. Mark that 'last estimated date' on your calendar and don't worry until then.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There's been some serious issues with CPC since October '16.

Others, including myself have had parcels stuck at Vancouver since Nov. '16. (17track)

CPC used to show international tracking, now they choose not to (although they can).

Google: "Mail processing at Canada Customs slow?"

Interesting information from CPC inside workers on Redflag forums- check the last/latest postings

Message 7 of 7
latest reply