The Seller cheating the Buyer thru a fake tracking number

I purchased the item  on September 2, 2020. The seller guaranteed delivery in 2 months from the purchase date. But I found out by accident that the item as claimed by the seller was delivered on September 14th. - in 12 days!!! and the Seller attached the tracking number: 

How come an item USD$9.56 was delivered in 12 days? Was it delivered by UPS or FedEx or USPS? The tracking number says that it was shipped from  DONGGUAN , GUANGDONG but after no names - just delivered  to community mailbox or parcel locker without my residence address. Meaning - no address - not delivered. I opened a case and the seller started asking me to go to the local post office and ask if they had the item. I said - not my business.  Next request: go around your neighbors and ask if someone received it in error - it's not my business. The Ebay policy now is to protect the seller if the seller provided the tracking number. But this tracking # is fake and fraudulent. It doesn't show my residence address. I really don't understand the Ebay people  - the seller is nicely cheating me and them.

Just my question: how come people cheat for US$9.56?  Why should I close this action if the seller is trying to fool both  me and the Ebay ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

the seller started asking me to go to the local post office and ask if they had the item. I said - not my business. Next request: go around your neighbors and ask if someone received it in error - it's not my business.

But it is your business.

Much of the misdirected mail went to a neighbour who plans to give it to you Real Soon Now.

Or someone in the household put the shipment where it could not possibly get lost.

Or the carrier took it back to the PO for some reason, including not being sure she could leave it somewhere safe.

All of which come down to human error.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You ordered and paid on Sept 2 and were told you would receive it within 60 days.

The seller over-performed and the tracked package was actually delivered (somewhere) on September 14.

Which sounds like he upgraded from Surface to Air Mail.

The shipment came from China and many Chinese sellers are using DHL or other courier services, especially just now while many ships are not moving due to CONVID outbreaks and difficulty in getting crew.

I'm not good enough at google-fu to figure out which one. Someone smarter than me may recognize which company from the number.

The 'last mile' delivery however is usually Canada Post.

But I found out by accident that the item as claimed by the seller was delivered on September 14th.

According to whom?

EBay? The seller? Canada Post?

just delivered to community mailbox or parcel locker without my residence address.

When you have a community mailbox, does most of your mail have a street address too?

And delivery to a community mailbox increases the chances that it did in fact get picked up by a neighbour.

Is there a postal code on the address the shipment was supposedly delivered to.?

Ask the seller ,who at least does seem to be more forthcoming than some, what shipping service he used.

Tracking is one of the very few Seller Protections eBay allows, as a scan of the dotCOM Seller Boards would show.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@alex1707141 wrote:

But this tracking # is fake and fraudulent. It doesn't show my residence address. 

I'm not sure what site you're using for tracking, but the one for EasyShip (ES) gives the destination for the package as a postal code starting in L6A.  (It does give the entire thing but I'm not going to post it here.)  Is that anything like your postal code?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The new shipping (Global Shipping) that eBay is using is the worst I have ever encountered in all years buying off eBay.  My package went from the seller to 3 different spots through their shipping.  First USPS into a spot where someone took delivery of it from USPS it was sent to a palace in Kansas then to Boston and then to Toronto where it stayed for 8 days.  Going to file a non delivery through PayPal.  It is NOT the sellers fault it is the shipping that needs work.  Before it was USPS and handed over to Canada Post.  Smooth and simple but NO they want to try something different, and NO IT DOES NOT WORK.  **bleep**

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 10-20-2020

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue discussing this topic.

Thanks for your understanding!

Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 7 of 7
latest reply