The return system needs to be revamped! Absolutely ridiculous how long scam sellers keep our money!

I haven't complained on here for awhile, not because I'm happy with ebay but only because I don't use it as much as I never sell since the fools got rid of payPal and buying is a shipping nightmare for Canadians since the global shipping program.  Anyway, this week I got scammed worse than I have in over 2 decades. Bought a TV for my daughter, title said Samsung AU8000. Description says Fairly New AU8000, 2 Years Old. So it arrives. The TV is 6 year old 63000 series. It has no remote and the stand has no screws with it.

I message the seller, he says "hey it's a good TV, you already have it in your possession, you got a good price, what can we do?" First off a broken/remoteless 6 year old TV is worthless, (I paid $265+tax), and I would never, ever pay $40 to ship a 6 year old TV, I'd just buy local.  So then he lies and says there was a picture of the model number in the ad. So I replied "you realize I can still open the ad right, there's only one pic and it's of the TV" Then I cut and pasted his own words fom the ad and title proving what a liar he is. So he comes back at me again with, "Well you already got the TV, how's $50 sound?" Obviously this was his scam, either the buyer wouldn't realize the TV is 4 years older than he clainmed or they would just say ***bleep***, I've got the TV, it's not worth the hassle.

So I refused his ridiculous offer and now I'm stuck waiting 3 weeks more or so of automated responses from ebay while he this scammer has my money for a month and my daughter has no TV.

Once again we're going to spend a bit more and go with amazon, it's no wonder they're growing so much faster than ebay. As for selling, I'll stick with kijiji and facebook, losing payPal ruined that for me.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

The return system needs to be revamped! Absolutely ridiculous how long scam sellers keep our money!

I think your other post sums you up precisely'

I hate ebay. I want ebay to fail. I want to see ebay owners eating from garbage cans

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/I-hate-ebay-I-want-ebay-to-fail-I-want-to-see-ebay-owners...

As for this RANT...

What is the Item number of the TV you purchased?

There are two sides to every tall tail...

So let's start with the facts of the case before we dissect this rant.

If we look over your profile, you appear to have many issues with your Sellers and eBay.

As for PayPal, you can still pay with PayPal, but now all your sales will go through Managed Payment.

And who buys a high-risk used electronic item on eBay and a TV to boot? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I don’t understand - open a not as described case and move on. What takes three weeks? You’ve been around this long so shouldn’t you know this process? A case has to be resolved in 4 days. This story makes not a lot of sense to me. Seems like an exaggerated rant.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

That is what it is, go read the posters other post...

Look at the Feedback left for others, nuf said.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Why can’t I find a completed listing for a Samsung TV that sold for $265?
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I wonder why, eh!

This is why it is always important to look over a poster's profile, past posts and FB left for others when replying to what is obviously nothing more than a RANT.

Because after the explosive  *&/%$ leaves their angry little fingers, they, in most cases never come back, 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

That seems to happen a lot.  I wonder if they have started putting listings with a claim on them in some sort of limbo where they aren't visible?   

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@marnotom! wrote:

That seems to happen a lot.  I wonder if they have started putting listings with a claim on them in some sort of limbo where they aren't visible?   

Are there any that are close? eBay converts all sold prices to USD at the time of sale, then converts them back to CAD when you do a listings search. If it's been a few weeks and the CAD has changed over that time, the value you see will be different. It's both weird and really annoying.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@marnotom! wrote:

I was wondering the same thing.  It does make some sense to do that, as a "too good to be true" listing or a listing with issues versus ones that are "good and true" could stand out and make the legitimate ones look questionable.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

@marnotom! wrote:

Are there any that are close? eBay converts all sold prices to USD at the time of sale, then converts them back to CAD when you do a listings search. If it's been a few weeks and the CAD has changed over that time, the value you see will be different. It's both weird and really annoying.

I saw something that could have been close, but the shipping price was more than US$40 and it looks as though it ended up getting relisted without an international shipping option.  It also wasn't an AU8000 and the title made that pretty clear.  I wonder if the TV the OP bought came up in search results despite not being an AU8000 and they didn't notice the different model number in the listing title?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply