Tracking Shipments from China and Honk Kong

Hi all,

There are several websites posted on older discussions related to how to track orders from China or Hong Kong. I have compiled a list for everyone's convenience and some instructions. Some websites are specific in checking only tracking numbers that have both letters and numbers (eg. beginning with R, C, L, E, etc., another letter, 9 digits, & ending with 2 letters like CN or HK) and other websites assist in tracking items that only have numerical tracking numbers (along with those that have letters & numbers).

Before I start, a few things to mention in case someone is unaware. 

• In the Purchase History of the item bought, on the right side you will see a big blue box that states "Leave Feedback" (it might say return item OR View Order Details as well; it depends and I'm not sure why it is different for different items).
  • Underneath it states "View Order Details" (it might also say leave feedback, return item, or contact seller; again it depends).
  • Underneath that is "More Action" with a scroll down arrow and after clicking, other options appear. If "View Order Details" is not found in the above two places mentioned, this is where you will find it.
  • Order Details will mention what you bought, item number, cost, quantity, shipping services, and a picture. On the top right, expand / click on "+ Show Shipping Details". 
  • Below is an example of what you might see.
  • Note: Shipping info received is usually checked for most orders. The exact location is where the tracking number comes into play and the various websites I provided in this post.

Delivery package 1 of 1

Estimated delivery Varied                                                      

- Hide shipping details

√ Shipping Info Received

In Transit

Delivered

Last Scanned Date: NA

Shipping status: Shipping info received

Package location:

Shipping Carrier: China Post, EMS, FedEX, etc.

Tracking #: 12345678900

Delivery Message: NA

• I believe the above feature to check shipping info is no longer available after 60 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) https://www.17track.net/en/ 

• This site is used for tracking numbers with:
    • a) alphanumerical tracking numbers AND
    • b) only numberical tracking numbers.
  • On the top in the middle you will see a big blue box that says "Click here to track worldwide postal carrier shipment" --> click on this.
  • A pop-up window opens that states, "Enter up to 40 numbers, one per line".  Above this statement you will see Type / Origin / Destination set as Auto for all three.
  • Click any of the three to change the parameters.
  1. For Origin: Write China or Hong Kong as applicable.
  2. For Destination: Your country where it is being shipped.
  3. For Type: There are three options - Registered, EMS, and Parcel. Choose Parcel unless you know it was sent by EMS or if your seller stated item was sent by registered mail or you paid for registered mail. If in doubt choose Parcel first and if that doesn't work try the other two options.
  • I have used various kinds of tracking numbers and "Parcel" is applicable for all of them even if it is registered mail. This way you only have to input the same parameter for all tracking numbers instead of doing each one individually.  
  • Remember: Look at "View Order Details" to determine tracking number and service used.
  • Once parameters are changed as needed click "Track" - RED BOX bottom right corner with a magnifying glass.
  • What I find useful about this site is after clicking "track" it will give you a quick snapshot of its progress, when it left China (or other origin country - this site is used to track parcels from any country that provides tracking services), and near the end it provides two links: a link to the website for the origin postal service (the link from China's end doesn't work 😞 )AND destination country postal service to track the parcel at your local postal service to see more details of where it is in your residential country.
  • What is even better is you can enter up to 40 tracking #s and a table appears that will summarize  all your shipping status and you can expand each for more details. If say all your products are from China except a few, then still input Origin as China to apply for all and then individually change locations (this way is faster than inputing Origin & destination for each item individually... takes long). Choose "Parcel" irrespective of if mail was registered or regular.

2) http://track-chinapost.com/ 

• It works for many different courier services: China Post, EMS, ebay ePacket, HongKong Post, SwissPosrt, TNT, DHL, UPS, FedEx.
  • Details are all on website on how the tracking numbers would look like for each of the above service.
  • Works for: alphanumerical tracking numbers.
  • Note: If your tracking number is only 11 digits all numerical, it doesn't work on this site. I have tried several ones I have and none have worked, but they worked on sites 1) and 4).

3) http://www.chinapostaltracking.com/

• This is another site that works for tracking #s beginning with R, C, E, or L, and ends with two letters such as CN or HK.
  • I tried it and worked for me with information on whether item was received at post office, shipped, dates, and location.

4) http://www.shpostwish.com/

• On the top right corner choose English so you can now read it. Otherwise it is in Chinese.
  • This is used for tracking numbers that are only numerical & those that meet conditions below.
  • I find this site has been malfunctioning recently. After entering your tracking # and hitting "Search" no results show. There is this forever moving circle to indicate it is processing but nothing happens.
  • This is what the website states in terms of entering tracking #:
    • Please enter a Wish Post exclusive waybill number:
    • Registered mail please start with RQ99, a total of 13 bit WISH mail order.
    • Non registered mail please start with 019, a total of 11 bit WISH mail order.
    • This system can inquire up to 20 WISH Package tracking number at the same time, please put one tracking number per line.
  • I got this site from the Ebay email that states that the seller has marked item as shipped, but this site hasn't been working so site #1 can be used for numerical tracking numbers.

5) https://www.trackingexpress.com/

• I'm just mentioning this site in case it works for someone.
  • It tracks EMS and China Post Methods of Shipping Only.
  • EMS (China Post EMS) - Starts with E, another letter, 9 digits, and ends with CN (eg. EA123456789CN). 
  • China Post (China Post Registered Mail) - Starts with R, another letter, 9 digits, and ends with CN (eg. RR123456789CN).
  •  find that the China Post Tracking section isn't working for me - the verification code does NOT show so I can't finish the process of tracking.
  • It can't track numerical tracking numbers.
  • Someone let me know if this website has worked for you in tracking your parcels that do have a tracking number with an "E" or "R" and ending in "CN" or maybe even "HK".

6) http://www.ems.com.cn/english.html

• I find this website probably works for tracking numbers starting with E as it is dedicated for EMS shipping method.
  • I have tried using #s starting with "R", but nothing is found. Just an empty table.
  • Numerical tracking numbers don't work either.
  • Anyone with a difference experience, don't hesitate to share. 

I have checked other sites using my numerical and alphanumerical tracking numbers. Some don't respond, are frozen, or just plan don't work - gives me an error message or info not found. The above I feel are good sites, but I think the first 3 are the best.

Anyone with more websites and/or different experiences using the sites mentioned above, please do share. I personally checked all websites above to see how well they work and any issues I was having if any.

Another thing to note is that all my packages have come from China, so for Hong Kong tracking I think the same sites can be used that follow the formula of starting with the letter R, another letter, 9 digits, and ending with two letters (HK in the case of Hong Kong), so that would be the first 3 sites for sure. Other sites are malfunctioning for me so I can't say and in any case the first 3 sites should serve sufficient that you won't have to go to any other sites to track. 

Sorry for the long essay, but I hope people find it beneficial.

Have a great day and thanks for reading.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Tracking Shipments from China and Honk Kong

TL/DR

If your item has not arrived from Asia by 30 days after cleared payment, go to the Resolution Centre and open an Item Not Received Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Best way to check to see whether you have your shipment?

Ask yourself:  Is it or has it ever been in my hot little hands?  If no, it may still be in transit.  If yes, you have received it.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

chrilyn-1
Community Member

Thank you so much. This helps a lot.
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Tracking is used for the protection of the Seller.

If you are not home when the carrier attempts delivery, you will get a Notice telling you where and when the parcel can be picked up, usually a local postal outlet with extended business hours (compared to Post Offices.)

More to the point, if the item has not arrived by the latest estimated delivery date you were given by eBay, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Recieved Dispute.

The first suggestion is to contact the seller. This is only polite.

The seller should either be able to show that your purchase has been delivered*  or give you a prompt refund.**

If the seller does neither, don't get into a conversation, just escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

*In which case, start talking to your family and housemates, and checking around the house for hidden parcels (for some reason the BBQ is popular).

** It takes moments to send a Paypal refund, no delay is necessary ever.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much for compiling the list. It was very helpful.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I find a lot of Chinese sellers are using fake tracking numbers lately.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

There do seem to be a lot of reports, don't there?

In any case, neither eBay nor Paypal wants proof of shipping.

They want  PROOF OF DELIVERY.

So the fake tracking number doesn't help a scammer faced with a savvy buyer.

It is also important to remember that Paypal offers 180 of Buyer Protection from date of payment.

Something else the scammers do not yet seem to have noticed.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

vanessni-2
Community Member

Hey, you can also count this shipment tracking website. To track China EMS, you can go to China EMS tracking page and China Post, China post tracking page. Cheers! 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

vanessni-2
Community Member

How about these two sites to track your Hong Kong post packages and China Post packages.

Hong post tracking: https://www.trackingmore.com/hong-kong-post-tracking.html

China post tracking: https://www.trackingmore.com/china-post-tracking.html

They are from Trackingmore.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2015

The problem with zombie threads is that they may include out of date and inaccurate information.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply