Two tracking numbers for same item.

jjj1080
Community Member

I purchased an item on Oct. 2nd and on Oct 3rd I got an email from Paypal saying a shipping label was created and my purchase was shipping by Canada Post. Expected mailing date Oct 3rd. Package as of now was never received by Canada Post.

This morning I get another email from PayPal saying a shipping label was created and my purchase was shipping by Canada Post. Expected mailing date Oct 4th. This package so far as not been received by Canada Post.

If I go to My Orders page on eBay it shows 2 packages both with different tracking numbers for the single item I purchased. I only purchased one item so I am a bit confused to what is going on.

I messaged the seller but have yet to get a reply. The seller has 909 feedback, only 1 negative about a return a buyer decided not to return even though he was offered a return shipping label and a full refund. No neutrals.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @jjj1080 - I'm not certain as to the specifics, but if I were a betting man I'd put my money on a seller misplacing your first label and reshipping, or accidentally printing a new label for you instead of for another customer. 

Waiting to hear back from them is the best next step - and don't worry! If the item doesn't arrive by 1 day after the latest estimated delivery date you can open a request with us and we'll work on getting you sorted. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

maleama0
Community Member

Hello, I recently purchased an item from Ebay Seller as well. He sent me 2 tracking numbers for the 1 ordered product. I am wondering why he did this as well. Any further information would be helpful. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 4 of 4
latest reply