USPS delivered my package to some guy in the US?

kr0925
Community Member
So I got something shipping from the US to Canada, latest update was just a few minutes ago. USPS texted me saying that someone in Glendale Heights, Illinois picked up my package from the post office. Is this right?? How could they have messed up that badly
Message 1 of 104
latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: USPS delivered my package to some guy in the US?

We can all blame the people who make a living from selling PS5's and many other higher end items.

And either just shipping the empty box or boxes with items that weigh the same like Bricks (but not the PS5). So everything shipped in E bay goes through the Ebay verification hub..

If they open it up and it doesn't match the agreed item as a scam 
They contact law enforcement in the area it was sent from and cancel the transaction.
I's a protective method.

Message 81 of 104
latest reply

International shipping hubs just make certain that the items are going through the proper customs protocols for various countries.

If you are in Canada shipping to the US products that are not permissable will either be shippied back.
confiscated or destroyed by the US Customs department at ULAXA  US LAX entry port
As Everything goes through there,

In Canada if it is an imported good It first enters Canada and gets Delivered to the nearest Customs hub. Montreal/ Toronto/ Vancouver.

No Way Around any of that.

Message 82 of 104
latest reply

@antiquegirly 

Did you read post #26?

Glendale is just outside Chicago.

The seller is using the new eIS freight forwarding service.

Your seller ships to the Glendale address.

Once there, the seller's responsibility for delivery ends.

Freight forwarding is very common and quite safe. Your purchase is headed for Canada, palletized with hundreds of others.

Soon it will show up in Mississauga (Gateway) and then another carrier will bring it to you.

It is two days past the expected arrival date.

The arrival date is usually a spectrum. Was June 7th the first or the last estimated arrival date?

What date did you pay? What date did the seller ship?

You are still covered by the Money Back Guarantee for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

Message 83 of 104
latest reply

@briacheveri_0 

Did you read post #26?

Glendale is just outside Chicago.

The seller is using the new eIS freight forwarding service.

Your seller ships to the Glendale address.

Once there, the seller's responsibility for delivery ends.

Freight forwarding is very common and quite safe. Your purchase is headed for Canada, palletized with hundreds of others.

Soon it will show up in Mississauga (Gateway) and then another carrier will bring it to you.

The arrival date is usually a spectrum.

What date did you pay? What date did the seller ship?

You are still covered by the Money Back Guarantee for 30 days after the last estimated delivery date.

Message 84 of 104
latest reply

What do I do If I already filed a lost package claim from UPS? I didnt know it worked like that
Message 85 of 104
latest reply

@lp.co-50 wrote:

What do I do If I already filed a lost package claim from UPS? I didnt know it worked like that

Was this item forwarded through "eBay International Shipping" or was it shipped directly to you via UPS?

Message 86 of 104
latest reply

Just start the eBay Claim. UPS will ignore you since you were not the customer they have on record. That would be the seller or eIS/eBay.

Message 87 of 104
latest reply

yelsn_62
Community Member

One might think that by now USPS would have come up with a better, less alarming descriptor than "Delivered, left with individual" but obviously not, as this is the designation for the Abbott & Costello Season 2 Blu-ray order that is on it's way to my Canadian address.

Yes, thanks to this thread, I'm well aware that it's very likely sitting at Chicago O'Hare Airport U.S. Customs. Why doesn't USPS simply designate it as such instead of unnecessarily inciting panic among their customers? They've had over a year to come up with something better.

My suggestions: "Delivered, forwarded to another carrier" or "Forwarded to another carrier for U.S. Customs delivery." Even simply "Forwarded to another carrier" would be a vast improvement.

Message 88 of 104
latest reply

@yelsn_62 wrote:

One might think that by now USPS would have come up with a better, less alarming descriptor than "Delivered, left with individual" but obviously not, as this is the designation for the Abbott & Costello Season 2 Blu-ray order that is on it's way to my Canadian address.

Yes, thanks to this thread, I'm well aware that it's very likely sitting at Chicago O'Hare Airport U.S. Customs. Why doesn't USPS simply designate it as such instead of unnecessarily inciting panic among their customers? They've had over a year to come up with something better.

My suggestions: "Delivered, forwarded to another carrier" or "Forwarded to another carrier for U.S. Customs delivery." Even simply "Forwarded to another carrier" would be a vast improvement.

@yelsn_62 

Or item has arrived. Preparing for customs.... or something similar? Yes, that would be a somewhat common sense solution but sadly no. Even with all the (10s) of thousand calls to eBay CS reporting same concern, someone never thought to throw that against a wall to see what would stick. Maybe too busy either coming up with whimsical item specifics we don't need or  throwning pencils  in the ceiling to pass the time away.

-Lotz

Message 89 of 104
latest reply

@yelsn_62 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, @yelsn_62, does the tracking on eBay for your item look anything like this?  I was asked to provide feedback on this version of eBay tracking, so I'm wondering if eBay is testing this out on certain buyers.  I thought it made things a bit clearer to buyers who may not have researched how the eBay International Shipping system works.  As you can see in this screenshot, there's an explanation that the item has finished one stage of its transit and is moving onto another:

marnotom_0-1711850821822.jpeg

Message 90 of 104
latest reply

@yelsn_62 wrote:

If it's going through eIS, then this has nothing to do with the USPS. eBay contracts a 3rd party to handle the logistics of getting it across the border. USPS is just what the seller chose to deliver the item to the 3rd party hub. Therefore, as far as the USPS know, that's the end destination. They don't know anything about where it's headed afterwards. The confusion comes from eBay not displaying the information in a way that doesn't incite panic from the buyer.

Message 91 of 104
latest reply

It was my son who placed the order for me for my birthday. The link he sent me was for tracking with USPS. How do I (Or rather, he) get the eBay tracking, instead? 

Yes, having the entire shipment/frieght forwarding process spelled out does clarify things. That said, why not change that "left with individual" designation. It just doesn't make any sense to me! The previous poster is correct that the blame for it shouldn't fall to USPS, though.

CHEERS!

Message 92 of 104
latest reply

Great point, @flipistics. And to add, if the seller had shipped the item to the Illinois hub by a non-USPS shipping method, that final scan could very well have a different message than the USPS version.
Message 93 of 104
latest reply

Thank you, marnotom! !

Just to be clear to everyone who might still be in the dark, eBay does provide a different tracking number for each step, but there is some gap between the start of the next step and receiving the new tracking number. Relying on information updates solely from individual carriers clearly leads to more confusion and (sometimes) panic!

434106938_1550302628846703_6127036658698319172_n.jpg

CHEERS!

Message 94 of 104
latest reply

"eBay" order update:

eBay delivery (Name & Address redacted) - April 5, 2024. 434821107_1180679249761696_6691202277153980627_n.jpg

After the above order's arrival at the hub, it's wherabouts never did update on eBay's portal despite its 04/02/24 mailing, and subsequent arrival at my address today! It did arrive 4 days ahead of the earliest estimated date of arrival, so there is that!

CHEERS! 🙂

Message 95 of 104
latest reply

@yelsn_62 wrote:

After the above order's arrival at the hub, it's wherabouts never did update on eBay's portal despite its 04/02/24 mailing, and subsequent arrival at my address today! It did arrive 4 days ahead of the earliest estimated date of arrival, so there is that! 

The tracking number on the label of your package works on both the Canada Post and Parcelsapp websites and the "EEUS" prefixed tracking number you should have received after you purchased your item works on Parcelsapp as well.  You've probably found that out already, though.

Message 96 of 104
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

@yelsn_62 wrote:

The tracking number on the label of your package works on both the Canada Post and Parcelsapp websites and the "EEUS" prefixed tracking number you should have received after you purchased your item works on Parcelsapp as well.  You've probably found that out already, though.

I actually hadn't, but just pulled up the tracking on Canada Post. Thank you!

CHEERS!

Message 97 of 104
latest reply

@yelsn_62 

Just to clarify, did you receive a second tracking number starting with EEUS or did just receive the LV tracking number that shows on the package?

Message 98 of 104
latest reply

Which is why you should

NEVER WATCH TRACKING!

Just put the last estimate date for delivery on your calendar and relax.

Message 99 of 104
latest reply

As it turns out, the issue was that asendia.com never did display any updates. Perhaps tracking for this website only works for domestic orders?

However, I have since confirmed (Thanks marnotom!) that the EEUS tracking did display for a1.asendiausa.co and on the Parcelsapp websites, although the times for ascendiausa were 4 hours behind my actual EDT time zone. Ascendiausa displayed both the original EEUS and LV tracking numbers, while Parcelsapp only displayed the EEUS.

CHEERS! 🙂

Message 100 of 104
latest reply