What can I do again these sellers?

flyica4
Community Member

First Seller

Prior to buying 2 AS-IS smartphones, I messaged the seller whether he could combine ship both phones and waive the 2nd shipping fee. He said Yes, he'll waive them and ship them in same box thus saving us both shipping cost. I went ahead and purchased the 2 phones and requested a new invoice however seller did not apply the shipping discount and charged me full price. I politely messaged him but he has been ignoring my messages for over 3 days and if I do not pay then he can open UPI against me. Honestly, I wouldn't have mind paying for full price if he said no in first place but blatantly lying to get my money left a sour taste in my mouth so I don't want to give him a dime. I have eBay message of the whole conversation so is there any way to report this kind of behavior?

Second Seller

As you know, Canada Post has Free Shipping every Tuesday and the Seller made me wait whole week before shipping the item meanwhile charging me full price($25) for shipping. If I knew he was going to make me wait that long then I would have definitely bought from a different seller. Also can he really charge me whole $25 as shipping charge if he did not pay anything? Even considering as handling fee, $25 is ridiculous and it seems very dishonest to me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@flyica4 wrote:

First Seller

Prior to buying 2 AS-IS smartphones, I messaged the seller whether he could combine ship both phones and waive the 2nd shipping fee. He said Yes, he'll waive them and ship them in same box thus saving us both shipping cost. I went ahead and purchased the 2 phones and requested a new invoice however seller did not apply the shipping discount and charged me full price. I politely messaged him but he has been ignoring my messages for over 3 days and if I do not pay then he can open UPI against me. Honestly, I wouldn't have mind paying for full price if he said no in first place but blatantly lying to get my money left a sour taste in my mouth so I don't want to give him a dime. I have eBay message of the whole conversation so is there any way to report this kind of behavior?

Was it a Global Shipping Program item from the US or UK? If so, the seller cannot combine shipping, even if he wanted to.

______________________________________________________________________________________

@flyica4 wrote:

Second Seller

As you know, Canada Post has Free Shipping every Tuesday and the Seller made me wait whole week before shipping the item meanwhile charging me full price($25) for shipping. If I knew he was going to make me wait that long then I would have definitely bought from a different seller. Also can he really charge me whole $25 as shipping charge if he did not pay anything? Even considering as handling fee, $25 is ridiculous and it seems very dishonest to me.

Did you ask politely if he would refund the shipping cost since it cost him nothing?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

free shipping tuesday, is only for 1 item.. are you just assuming  he was using his one free shipping option for you.. or did he say if you wait a week i will ship it for free.. if it was the later he owes you at least a partial refund. imo..

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

flyica4
Community Member

Thank you both for your replies.

For my shipment, both of them were from Canada, first seller was a specialty used electronic goods seller meanwhile second seller was a fairly new seller with only 2 feedback with only 1 other item listing.

I recently found out second seller was going to use the free shipping on my item because I messaged him on the weekend and he replied back yesterday saying he's going to ship it on Tuesday because there's a "Canada Post promotion". Funny how he avoided saying free shipping for seller.

I haven't replied back yet because I wanted to get other user's feedback and research more on the situation. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Just so you know, Canada Post free Shipping Tuesday has not been working for a lot of us since early this morning. Canada Post has messages up on twitter, Facebook and their one site about this problem. Still not fixed. Can’t even use their paid site, Snap Ship, it’s down too.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Frankly if the selling+shipping price was acceptable, then the second seller doesn't really owe you anything.

However, he had only seven days to ship (or perhaps five? I ship on payment, so I'm not sure) and is now late.

You can open an Item Not Received dispute and if he cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

For the first seller, there is no excuse. You told him you were bidding on the basis of combined and discounted shipping and he ignored that.

Are you willing to have two UIDs on your buying record? That does mean that many, perhaps most, sellers will not accept your bids for the next 12 months.

Were negotiations carried out through eBay messages? That will be a useful argument.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply