Community Member

I did not receive an item and dont know how to contact seller

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What do I do I did not receive an item a tracking indicates i did. What do i do

marnotom!
Community Member

Does the tracking state that the item reached your location or a different location?

Is this an item that was forwarded through the Global Shipping Program?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Your eBay online purchase history details should have a contact link to the seller. (More actions menu)

Or did you buy as a Guest ?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Keep in mind that tracking is a Seller Protection.

If you are not home when the carrier arrives, you will get a Notice of where and when you can pick up the shipment.

Usually that is the local Postal Outlet which has 9 to 9 hours.

If the last estimated date for delivery has passed, you have 30 days to Dispute and get a refund. (Even longer through Paypal.)

Do you need help with that?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Keep in mind that tracking is a Seller Protection.

If you are not home when the carrier arrives, you will get a Notice of where and when you can pick up the shipment.

Usually that is the local Postal Outlet which has 9 to 9 hours.

If the last estimated date for delivery has passed, you have 30 days to Dispute and get a refund. (Even longer through Paypal.)

Do you need help with that?

Stamps, the way I've pieced together the OP's thread title and post leads me to believe that their item's tracking states that their item has been delivered, but in fact the OP has not yet received it.

The reason I asked about the tracking information and the shipping method is that sometimes I've noticed that buyers misinterpret the tracking information's message of "item arrived at final destination" when it's referring to delivery to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

marnotom-- I suspect about half of the 'it says delivered but I didn't get it' plaints are exactly that.

The others are porch theft, hidden in plain sight, and lost Delivery Notices.

At least the GSP ones are easy to answer.  And often can be spotted by an accompanying grump about high shipping cost.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Thats where it gets tricky... GSP in most cases does not do a signatures request..  but the Company shipping the item can leave outside a door in plain view..  and walk away.. if the item goes missing.. GSP will clearly say it was deilvered..   and they wash there hands of the ordeal.. there GSP tracking confirmed it .. 

Ive had that happen here..  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@midfifties wrote:

Thats where it gets tricky... GSP in most cases does not do a signatures request..  but the Company shipping the item can leave outside a door in plain view..  and walk away.. if the item goes missing.. GSP will clearly say it was deilvered..   and they wash there hands of the ordeal.. there GSP tracking confirmed it .. 

Ive had that happen here..  

In fairness, PayPal only requires signature confirmation at delivery for sales totalling US$750 or more, so a situation like this could just as easily happen with a sale shipped directly from a US seller instead of being routed through the GSP.

Same thing could happen with a purchase from Amazon.

Same thing could happen with any internet purchase, for that matter.  This isn't strictly a GSP issue.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

For a buck-fifty, Signature Confirmation is a seller's best friend, even if PP and eBay don't require it.

It tells a potential scammer that someone is watching, and prevents a package being left accessible to porch theft.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

For a buck-fifty, Signature Confirmation is a seller's best friend, even if PP and eBay don't require it.

It tells a potential scammer that someone is watching, and prevents a package being left accessible to porch theft.

But this is for a domestic US shipment, no?  Last I checked, Signature Confirmation wasn't an optional add-on for First Class International or Priority International shipments from the United States.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply