What's up with the tracking void after customs cleared?

Iv had a parcel that I bought from America go through GSP sit at "customs cleared" for 3 or so days now. I got a tracking number for Canada Post but it has no info other than the shipper filled out a digital fourm and CP are waiting for the package.

What's going on? Usually there isn't a big tracking void after an item has passed customs.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: What's up with the tracking void after customs cleared?

@briannkaple0 wrote:
Iv had a parcel that I bought from America go through GSP sit at "customs cleared" for 3 or so days now. I got a tracking number for Canada Post but it has no info other than the shipper filled out a digital fourm and CP are waiting for the package.

Customs clearance for GSP is done in Kentucky. Pitney Bowes has to move your package up to Canada (usually by truck) and then turn it over to Canada Post at one of the parcel processing centres for the rest of the journey.

Parcel volumes are high, covid-19 measures are slowing processing, so there are delays.

-..-

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Is that's what's going on? I was holding out hope that my package was moving and just not being tracked, thinking it might magically show up on time (this Friday), but I guess I should expect it to be later 😕

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

courtnedirk1
Community Member
I had the same track and void with my personal after the part of the Erlanger Kentucky facility… I found out by accident who my new career that was delivering the personalized… And I ended up calling them directly, and guess what my personal started moving around and came back online
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

courtnedirk1
Community Member
I had the same tracking void with my parcel after it left the Erlanger Kentucky facility… I found out by accident who my new carrier that was delivering the parcel … And I ended up calling them directly, and guess what my parcel started moving around and came back online
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Your parcel may have been “moving around” already. What likely was done was that the tracking information was retransmitted.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Even thought Pitney Bowes  does the customs  clearance at Erlanger the package must still go through Canada customs.   This usually adds an extra  2 or 3 days to the shipping.

Also the  end  carrier in Canada could be any courier or Canada Post.  I have had several different

carriers drop off items.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply