Who or What provides the GSP UPAAxxxxx tracking number?

Good Morning, does anyone know who or what provides the GSP tracking number that should start with UPAA xxxxx ? I have an item that was shipped March 24, the  US Seller provided the USPS tracking number that shows the item delivered to the hub in Erlanger ... but I do not have the GSP tracking number to track it any further. Usually when a Seller provides tracking for a GSP item I get the UPAA tracking number in ebay that I can click on (and then I get the  usps tracking number associated to it greyed out in the ebay tracking history) right away ... but I am not sure who or what actually loads that GSP number into ebay so who would I contact to get that GSP tracking number?  Thanks for any input!

BTW I have 2 other purchases thru the GSP all on that same date that have the UPAA number in ebay ... just this one purchase seems to be having problems ....

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Who or What provides the GSP UPAAxxxxx tracking number?

I would think that Pitney Bowes would be the one inputting the gsp tracking number.  How long has the package been at the gsp center?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Only 2 days , but I thought the tracking number was "instant" , ie not reliant the item actually being delivered to the hub but available once the Seller shipped the item ...

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I've only made three purchases of items that were forwarded through the Global Shipping Program but with each purchase I received emails from eBay with the UPAA tracking information in addition to the information you describe in your "My eBay".  Have you checked to see if you've received those emails?

The UPAA tracking number should be automatically generated by Pitney Bowes when the seller uploads the tracking number to eBay.  Perhaps there's a glitch on either the seller's end or eBay's end that resulted in some sort of data marker or tag for your sale not being transmitted properly to Pitney Bowes.  Just out of curiosity, did you make your purchase on the .com site or the .ca site, and have you checked your "My eBay" on the other site?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi, it was purchased on the .com site , along with 2 other purchases from 2 different Sellers that day. The other Sellers tracking showed the UPAA right away and tracking shows delivered at the GSP Plant in Erlanger. This other one only shows  USPS tracking and tracking shows it delivered to Erlanger ... NOT GSP Plant Erlanger like my other 2 ... just Erlanger .... I'm thinking maybe the Seller didn't  prepare the package properly and just mailed it like I lived at/in Erlanger as apposed to following whatever procedure they are supposed to when it's a GSP shipment ... I know they are only responsible for getting the package to the GSP plant in Erlanger but I'm guessing there's a slight difference between mailing a package to someone who lives in the US and mailing the package using the GSP address for international shipping ... sigh a call to ebay is probably necessary

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

What are you hoping to accomplish with a call to eBay? 🤔
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Sorry if I came off as impertinent with that question. I'm just confused by your need to contact eBay this early in the game. Many eBay CSRs aren't well-versed in the GSP's workings and may give you poor or inaccurate advice. The best advice I think you'd receive is to contact your seller first, which is what I'll suggest.

When sellers ship off items to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky, there's supposed to be a parcel ID or reference number on the address label. If you can obtain that from the seller, you can try entering it on this webpage:

https://parceltracking.pb.com

If you get no tracking information associated with that number, you may be SOL, but I would wait until the latest estimated delivery date before making any sort of non-delivery claim just in case the information simply didn't make it to the GSP database. After all, the most important thing is having the item in your hot little hands. Knowing where your item may have been and when it was there doesn't really matter a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. This is advice from a reformed tracking tracker nerd. 🤓
Message 7 of 7
latest reply