Why does EBAY use Intelcom shipping company as part of the Global Shipping Program?

Intelcom is the worst shipping company in Canada,  They lie to customers, Give incorrect information and have terrible customer support.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Why does EBAY use Intelcom shipping company as part of the Global Shipping Program?

marnotom!
Community Member

Technically speaking, Intelcom is contracted out by PitneyBowes, or possibly subcontracted by whoever it is who's operating the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky on behalf of PitneyBowes.  I think eBay can put a bit of pressure on PitneyBowes when it comes to their choice of contractees, but I don't think they have the final say.

Intelcom seems to have become a more commonly used option for online retailers such as Amazon, not just eBay.  My guess is that they're cheaper than other alternatives to the postal system.  I haven't had to deal with them for customer support, but their website and tracking information are peppered with wording that's likely awkwardly translated from French and does little to inspire my confidence in the operation as a whole, although the local agent I have in my neck of the woods seems to hire decent enough delivery staff.

Plus, their logo looks like something out of the early 70s.  🤪

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Why does EBAY use Intelcom shipping company as part of the Global Shipping Program?

Intelcom shipping sucks!   My packages sit in their "warehouses" idle for weeks before they start moving again, and way past the "expected delivery date". Please GET RID OF  Intelcom!!!  Their BBB rating is an "F" and it is not hard  to see why.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@mstoetz1 wrote:

... Their BBB rating is an "F" and it is not hard  to see why.

Intelcom Courier Canada Inc. (36 years in business)
BBB rated "F" because of
  • Failure to respond to 13 complaint(s) filed against business
  • 17 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

FWIW-  The Better Business Bureau is a locally franchised operation.

So any complaints you see are for only that franchise not the entire national chain of Intelcom.

Not to say anything nice about Intelcom- they seem to have been caught unawares by the pandemic surge in online sales and by getting both the Amazon contract and the Pitney Bowes.

Their workers are apparently undertrained and overworked. Just a disaster all around.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

jdltsmd
Community Member
Is not just intelcom but apple express is also one of the worst courier out there, I have 1 item "delivered" by intelcom when it was not, and now apple express is doing the same, dropping the parcel in the lobby of my building which I told them multiple times is not safe, is a matter of time one of my parcels gets lost again, ebay don't use Intelcom or apple express in b.c. so ebay you being warned!
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@jdltsmd wrote:

I have 1 item "delivered" by intelcom when it was not, and now apple express is doing the same, dropping the parcel in the lobby of my building which I told them multiple times is not safe, is a matter of time one of my parcels gets lost again, ebay don't use Intelcom or apple express in b.c. so ebay you being warned!

What is the procedure for safe dropping parcels in your building?  Has the building's owner or management posted this for carriers to see?

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

we are a strata, we are all owners in my building, there is nobody at the lobby of our building, should I post something in the lobby?
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

My only experience with stratas is renting a townhouse that was part of one, so I wouldn't have had any say in its operations.  However, I think it would be good form to make sure this problem is on the strata council's radar before doing something that might be considered "rogue".

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I second that. I had a parcel that was "delivered" on April 5 2022 and apparently Intelcom just left the item outside the building I live in. And of course it was stolen. Trying to get a refund now...

image_01.jpg

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I agree that Intelcom is the worst shipping company in Canada and probably the world.  When you try to get through to them via chat or telephone you usually simply can't.  Their customer interface is twilight zone dysfunctional.  The robot asks you to press "2" for English, you press "2" - again and again - and nothing happens.  Eventually you're passed back to a French ( only!) speaking operator, who tells you in French to wait.  You try your luck.  After 15 minutes it's like a miracle - someone picks up, albeit haltingly.  You ask if it's OK to proceed in English.  It isn't.  Just a second, says an Intelcom rep, and she transfers your call to the English "waiting room" you couldn't enter before.  The second turns into another fifteen minute wait when - lo and behold, the 2nd miracle of the day - somebody answers. This individual speaks English but it scarcely matters because you can't understand him anyway - he obviously hadn't been trained how to talk to customers on the phone and talks like he's on speed.  You have difficulty giving him instructions to pass on to the driver because he keeps interrupting you....  All this enormous expenditure of time and effort is totally wasted because even in the unlikely event that the driver does get your instructions, he won't follow them, won't even be able to read the address label let alone the street signs, and will not only deliver your package to the wrong address but will leave it in an unsafe place whence it will be stolen.  The Intelcom clown-show goes on and on and ebay does nothing about it.  Is someone at ebay getting paid by someone at Intelcom?  It's disgusting.  I refuse to buy anything from the States that's shipped by the so-called Global Shipping Program - because it uses appalling Intelcom.  You might as well throw your item down the Mariana trench.... 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Just out of curiosity, why did you try to get in touch with Intelcom customer service anyway?

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM JANUARY 2022.

The problem with zombie threads is that the information and advice may be out of date and wrong.

There have been no recent complaints about Apple Express, and while IntelCom does seem to continue to have problems, they do have one good employee who delivers in my part of Victoria BC.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Intelcom Express is by far the worst shipping company in North America
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Intelcom is the DOG **bleep** of the postage industry. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

pitney bowes uses them simply because they are cheap-er

Message 16 of 16
latest reply