Why is ebay tracking us??

Is anyone else here tired of Ebay messages asking if we are still interested in buying things that we stopped and took a look at? I am interested in Hockey Cards and browse the Hockey card section daily.Every once in a while i see a card i like and open it to get more details. This is when I start getting e,mails days later asking me if I am still interested in purchasing this card.????????How does Ebay know I looked at this card or the dealers other cards and what business is it of theirs.The constant flow of e,mails from these guys is disgusting.Anyone else getting tired of these e,mails asking us to buy things.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

As a constant poster, I look at all sorts of things to give unsolicited advice.

As a result I get all sorts of items showing in my Recent Searches.

Some of them ..... unusual.

People will sell anything, eh?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes as do most people. But I don,t think because you look at something on Ebay that you should be pressured to buy it or be sent e,mails asking if your still interested in buying something just because you looked at it.I don,t shop in stores that have clerks constantly asking me if I need help.If I did need help I would ask for it.Same with Ebay,if I wanted to buy it I would.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bert1630 wrote:

Yes as do most people. But I don,t think because you look at something on Ebay that you should be pressured to buy it or be sent e,mails asking if your still interested in buying something just because you looked at it.I don,t shop in stores that have clerks constantly asking me if I need help.If I did need help I would ask for it.Same with Ebay,if I wanted to buy it I would.

Think of it from the sellers' point of view.  Do you think most eBay sellers resent their eBay fees being used to remind buyers of opportunities to purchase their wares?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I wonder if going into your browser settings and altering your cookie preference might alter what you see. You can usually set 'no cookies' or 'delete all cookies on closing the browser.'

It may be the ebay cookies  on your own computer that are tracking you.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply