didnt receive full refund for shipping

i received a refund for my item that didnt show , never got my shipping $ money though...

total was $34 shipping was $14 so why would i be paying half the total basically for an item that literally didnt show up lol

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

marnotom!
Community Member

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
Did you purchase an item forwarded from the US or UK through the Global Shipping Program?

Was the refund made through eBay or did the seller refund you directly?
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Seller was from US 

item never even shipped

he sent $20 of $34 item was 20 shipping was 14

doesnt even give me an option to do anything, he just sent the refund before i asked .... not paying $14 usd shipping for an item that literally didnt ship out or show up.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

what?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You don't have to contact the seller, that's already happened.

If the seller cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

In full.

Then it's up to the seller to get that partial refund back from you.

Now.

Did the seller ever give you a tracking number?

• $14 is very low for tracked shipping from the USA to Canada. I am one seller who rarely uses tracking for that reason.

Did eBay give you a window for delivery?

• You cannot open a Dispute until the last date has passed, but you have 30 days for Dispute after that.

If he shipped without tracking, he can never prove delivery. He may have been thinking when you asked about delivery (without mentioning any refunds I assume?) that he may as well give in immediately. So he sent back the selling price, without even thinking about the shipping you were charged.

Not a sensible move, not necessarily crooked. Weird.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

he sent the $20 without me even asking after a full month of saying its coming but the product never said " in transit" it said shipping # provided but it never worked on the UPS website.....

i bought it again off him saying ship with diff carrier, he literally has like 450 reviews all 5 stars so not sure what the problem is , got it for a gift for a friend and im looking like a dumby since its been over a month now... and now i didnt even get refunded my full payment when it literally never shipped out or showed up??? and ebay has no online agent or chat to even help which is trash

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Never talk to the minimum wage dogsbodys who lurk in the Customer Service department if you can help it.

Most are okay,once they understand that Canada is a different country, but some are... not.

Start with the Resolution Centre robots.

You are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from Payment and by the chargeback service of the credit card you attached to your PP account.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@mal_law_et8z412 wrote:

i bought it again off him saying ship with diff carrier. . .

Any idea what carrier that was?  What carrier was mentioned on the listing page under "shipping"?

I was wondering if the seller used eBay's Global Shipping Program (which would be described as "International Priority Shipping" under "shipping" on the listing page) which would have meant that your payment to the seller would have been split between the seller and a forwarding agent.  The seller wouldn't be able to refund the money to the forwarding agent because they never received it.

@mal_law_et8z412 wrote:

he literally has like 450 reviews all 5 stars so not sure what the problem is 

Believe it or not, some US sellers have absolutely no clue how to ship something out of the country.   A sale to someone located outside of the US can be a rare event for some US sellers.

By the way, if your seller used (or tried to use) UPS Ground for shipping your original item to Canada, you may have dodged a bullet, as UPS Ground can and does charge recipients pretty hefty fees at delivery for customs paperwork and pre-paying on your behalf taxes and duties owed.  Other non-postal carriers can be pretty sneaky about these charges, too.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

USPS tracking given jan3rd never went into transit 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

now i check it says

This item isn't covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee. We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase.

how in the living hell does a billion dollar company make the buyer lose money for shipping on an item that literally didnt ship..... what kinda of amateur hour business is this holy 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

That's odd...even if it has been more than 30 days past the estimated delivery date they should still let you open an item not received case.  When was the item purchased and what was the estimated delivery date?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

how in the living hell does a billion dollar company make the buyer lose money for shipping on an item that literally didnt ship...

You didn't buy from eBay. EBay is an advertising venue.

You bought from the seller, who can be more or less capable of handling problems.

The seller, not eBay, is responsible for shipping and for corrections to a problem transaction.

• This is why you will often see posters telling buyers with problem transactions that they should never accept a replacement.
  • Get a refund then purchase again, in a new transaction.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

This item isn't covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

I'm not sure what items are not covered by the MBG. Digital items which are sent electronically are not, but your seller purchased a USPS shipping label-- although it has not been recorded as accepted into the mailstream.

The other reason that the MBG may not be available has nothing to do with the item, but only with the buyer.  EBay will not cover some buyers who have "too many" claims even if some or all of those claims are valid and honest.

The seller was the one who refunded you (in part) before eBay got involved.  At a guess, he was thinking that the shipping was paid, the shipping was done (which he cannot prove) and he doesn't have the shipping money any more.  He doesn't understand that he is responsible for delivery, even if he paid someone else to do it. The contractor is responsible to the client (you) and the sub-contractor (USPS) to the contractor.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply