ebay Bucks are back

Ironically, my autocorrect changed 'bucks' to 'sucks' in the headline to the thread as I typed it but, yay, the ebay Bucks program is back.

Screen Shot 2017-06-30 at 10.34.30 AM.png

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

ebay Bucks are back

I received the same invitation....

Is this program going to be restricted to purchases on eBay.ca? or can you also purchase on eBay.com?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

eBay.com has its own. I'm assuming they are site-specific.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

Just posted on the seller's about this too.

Did anyone get the promised link today?

The blurb states that eBay will be sending out emails for promoted eBay Bucks items?

Does these mean that those items get extra Bucks, or does it mean that ONLY those items earn bucks ever?

In other words:  Is the program the real deal or is it a useless version of the authentic USA program (slap slap).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

You have to enroll in the program.
http://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RewardsExtEnroll&CTASignup=false&ExtLanding=true

Then an eBay Bucks link will be added to your Buy section of My eBay

Purchases must meet the following requirements:

• The item is paid for with PayPal and must be made on eBay's checkout system. Payments made directly via PayPal to a seller's account aren't eligible.
  • The item is purchased on www.ebay.ca, www.cafr.ebay.ca, or www.ebay.com.

Purchases made in the following categories do not qualify:

• Classifieds
  • Real Estate
  • eBay Gift Cards, gift cards, and digital gifts within the Gift Cards & Coupons category
  • Bullion within Coins & Paper Money category
  • Heavy Equipment within the Business & Industrial category
  • eBay Motors (except Parts & Accessories, which does qualify)

Complete FAQ: http://pages.ebay.ca/ebay-bucks/#m17-tb2

-..-

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

I wish they had included Europe for purchases!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

@dutchman48 wrote:

I wish they had included Europe for purchases!

The way I read the info from eBay, purchases from European sellers are eligible so long as the buyer uses the .ca sites or .com site to make their purchases.  Am I interpreting this correctly?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

Big Deal! I was excited when the Ebucks launched a couple years ago and then extremely **bleep** off when it was suddenly discontinued here in Canada. It has gotten so bad with the exchange rate and every US seller charging $28.00US+++ to mail a small packet to Canada, or even worse, this stupid, cash grabbing GSP, that Canadians can no longer afford to shop on Ebay. You can keep your Ebucks!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

Or you can shop from Canada sellers and avoid all the problems you listed above. And still collect eBay Bucks
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

Or, if you simply must purchase from the US, you can wait to see if the Canadian dollar continues its rise and use your Canadian niceness to ask sellers using the GSP if they'll relist the item and offer direct shipping to Canada.  Be prepared to have some sellers tell you they have no idea what you're talking about if their listings didn't originally offer shipping to Canada and had the GSP automatically applied by eBay as a result.

Also consider having a US address to have your items shipped to and then figure out a way to get them forwarded to you instead of having the GSP do it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

ebay Bucks are back

Got my first special eBucks offer today.

Normal rate is 1%, this invite is for 4% until tomorrow.

ebucks offer 7-19.jpg

Message 11 of 11
latest reply