ebay got rid of phone number plus now the sellers make their own rules

Hi just to say ive been with ebay over 10 years but im done with ebay. I ordered an item and now the seller tell me i have to pay duty or i dont get the itum. In 10 years i never had this happen. I guess ebay is letting the sellers do what they want. I did pay the full price they asked for. Now i have my credit card looking into this matter. They tell me i will get a full refund. I find ebay is getting to sneaky you cant even get a hold of them. Once i have my full refund good by ebay amazon is way better. i will delete my ebay account and i bougtht a lot there. Seem like ebay got rid of the phone number so they dont have to deal with complaints. Good bye ebay

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sellers do not make ALL their own rules...sellers must abide by the rules and policies of the site. However, If purchasing from a USA seller that uses the Global shipping system, any applicable customs duties & fees will be added. BUT, Me thinks we don't have the full story here, so we cannot get a feel for the total picture.

As to Amazon being better, well that's a matter of opinions. Whatever you choose, it's Your choice...

This  matters not to the rest of the eBay world....we've heard it all before....

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Giving up on eBay after ten years because of one problematic transaction is like giving up on going to a shopping mall because a kid working at the burger joint in the food court messed up your order.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

and now the seller tell me i have to pay duty or i dont get the itum

The seller is telling you, but Canada is demanding it.

We have a duty free allowance  of $150 and a tax free allowance of $40 for shipments from the USA

Shipments from elsewhere remain at the duty and tax free allowance of $20 that has been in place since the mid-80s.

If these seem too low, write your MP.

MY MEMBER

House of Commons

Ottawa  ON

K1A 0A6

You are not required to stamp the envelope, just write OHMS in the upper right corner.

If you don't pay, you don't get the item.

It may be returned to the seller as Undeliverable.

You should know that sellers are not required to refund buyers who refuse shipments (including refusing to pay applicable CANADIAN duty and sales tax.)

There are phone reps but they don't work for eBay. They work for a subcontractor somewhere in Utah.

The actual trained employees can be reached through social media.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851

The ones working from eBay's FaceBook account have a good name for solid advice and for taking responsibility.

Just a thought.

How have you been buying online "for over 10 years", which often means importing goods, without learning about borders, customs, duty, and sales taxes?

EBay is pretty clear about how your total payment will be distributed. Other companies not so much.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply