pacakge sent from china to canada using singpost... 80 days ago... still waiting

iacoca7
Community Member

still waiting for a package from china...tracking information has not been updated in 60days. 

order was placed august 22 and shipped august 24 2018... it is now november 7 2018. last tracking update was on september 9 2018. "dispatched to overseas CAYVR" 

when contacting CBSA (canada border services agency) they said that the package is possibly waiting to be sorted in canada, however despite current delays that this is an unusually long time to wait for a package, and the package sounds to have been lost en route overseas to canada. 

I have ordered several packages from china in the time since placing this order, and all have arrived within 2 to 3 weeks.

canada post claims the package has not yet entered the country. singapore post only states that the package originated in china and was dispatched overseas. 

anyone else ever had this issue, or know of a solution to find the whereabouts of the package? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

pacakge sent from china to canada using singpost... 80 days ago... still waiting

It's probably too late to open an Item-Not-Received case on eBay.

If it is, then open an Item-Not-Received case on paypal (if you used them), you can always send the seller the refunded money again when it arrives.

Three weeks of Canada Post rotating strikes are really starting to delay deliveries.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

😞 I unfortunately didn't use PayPal
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

If this was a Guest Checkout where you used a credit card, call the credit card company and ask for instructions on how to proceed with an item not received. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I can't find it at the moment, but there was an article from this year that stated (insider scoop) that Canada Post cannot process mail from China automatically, as something about those poly bags prevents them from going in an automated sorter. My guess is when they get caught, they gum it up bad as those poly bags they use are thin yet stretch for miles before they break. Very bad for million dollars sorting rig if it gets caught in the gears.

Also, again, from another forum, although tracking may not update once those items reach Canada, apparently there is a Russian back end system that can access a postal system log, which shows location of packages. Canada Post chooses not to have those services trackable within Canada.

When I buy my watch parts, I try to spend over a certian dollar amount and they get sent as ePacket or look for sellers that use UBI Shipping as UBI has a partnership with CanadaPost.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@retroman_studios

something about those poly bags prevents them from going in an automated sorter.

Seems unlikely since Canada Post sells polyenvelopes and polybubble envelopes themselves.

I've used poly envelopes purchased directly from China as well as from emailers_ca and of course the free eBay supplies.  No problems. Nor have I seen problems with received packages.

We also use poly envelopes when we are shipping from our philatelic auction. The big bonus here is that they are waterproof.

I agree that most of the shipping problems with overseas sellers disappear when tracked shipping is used.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply