reodering the same item(from the same seller) after refund,wise move?

I already got my refund for 3 packs of exacto knife blades, I'm sure the order was shipped but got lost, the seller has 99.2 %positive FB and I doubt very much this HK seller was trying to scam me.

I still need the blades and would like to order them again, I'm thinking it most likely was not his fault the package was lost and feel he deserves a second chance, I just want to help him recover some of his losses , my question is, would it be wise to order from the same seller?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: reodering the same item(from the same seller) after refund,wise move?

check the seller's feedback, to see how many complaints they have received, for items not received,.. if it were me i would buy them at the dollar store, or Canadian tire, and not have to wait so long for them..  any chance they were seized at the border??

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Due to their sizes and shapes, these blades are expensive and not readily available, even if they are, they'll cost 3-4 times more. whether they were seized at the border or stolen/lost I can't know for sure.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

A pattern of complaints about non-delivery is as important as a high positive FB.

I'd also be looking at how long shipping is supposed to take, since that also indicates whether the seller is using slow but cheap surface shipping or faster, often tracked, air mail.

In fact, why not ask the seller if he can ship by tracked Air Mail?

DHL is supposed to be very cheap for HK and China merchants.  (Which might be US seller paranoia/xenophobia, but....)

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The seller has the shortest delivery time which was 15 days, his NEG.FB was mainly about how bad the products were , maybe one or two complained about not receiving their orders.
What I'd like to know is does anyone here ever give a seller a second chance after not receiving the first order( and promptly refunded) .

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Since the seller did give a prompt refund, and has a fairly high feedback percentage, I would try again. You already know the seller will refund, if the items don't arrive again.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply