I went to Resolution Centre, but it won't let me to make a clame for a refund

Hi,

I posted this question earlier today
http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buying-on-eBay/When-should-I-make-a-claim-for-a-refund-when-you-have-one...
and tried to make a claim for a refund. But when I went to the resolution centre, it won't let me do it.

The message on the resolution centre is,
"The estimated delivery date for this item is Jan 02, 2015.If you haven't received your item by then, contact the seller through the Resolution Centre."

(Usually, it doesn't take that long time to get an item when it actually arrives. Average time is around 3 weeks. After about 35 days, it never arrived in the past.)

I just had to move the same kind of page to page, and cannot make a claim. There's less than one week until the 45 days dead line.
So, if I wait until Jan 2, it'll be over 45 days and won't be able to make a claim to ebay.

Since the seller's automatic response message keeps changing, now I am more skeptical about what they are saying.
(First it said they are on vacation until Dec 19, now it says until 21. But they replied my email a couple of times even I got those automatic message, and I saw they are replying to the negative feedback for the store. )

They asked me to wait for a refund up to one more week. (If I wait one more week, it'll be over 45 days!) Also, I even didn't ask them for re-shipping, they said I can get a refund OR RESEND. Are they trying to deceive me now???

So, in this case, what can I do? I don't know when the seller would reply me again or refund me, but I cannot make a claim at this point. Should I ask for a refund to a credit company after all?

Thank you very much in advance.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It normally takes 20 days after cleared payment for arrival from the USA.

It normally takes 30 days after cleared payment for arrival from Asia.

I assume either your payment cleared after the purchase (and e-cheque from your bank account instead of backed by a credit card) or this was a custom item that was not made until after cleared payment.

If you did use a credit card, forget PP and go to the 1=800 number on the back, phone customer service and ask about a chargeback.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you for writing your advice.

I paid with PayPal and I don't think it was custom made, because ithe item is socks.
Usually I get the item about in 3 weeks, up to around 35 days.
So, I don't think this item won't arrive, unfortunately.

Anyway, now I think I need to go to PayPal to avoid losing our family's money.
(It is not that expensive, but still..)

By the way, you are always helping many people!!
I learned several new things from your other postings. I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply