None of the ebay resolution topics meet my needs. How can I call ebay for help?

I received the incorrect item. The seller wants me to send a photo of the item that I purchased. Ebay blocks my emails with attachments. I cannot phone ebay. How do I get an ebay customer service representative on the phone

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I think the seller is sending you on a wild goose chase. You shouldn't need to send them a photo of the item you purchased, they are the seller and have that information already. Are they asking for a photo of the item you received

Open an Item Not as Described case in the Resolution Centre instead. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When you paid the seller by Paypal you got her PP address, which is her email address.

I take it that the seller is willing to let you keep the unwanted item rather than having you send it back  which is the usual situation?

(No refunds without returns.)

However, if you open an Item Not As Described dispute, eBay may send you a Return Shipping Label. "May"  because this is impossible for the seller to do internationally although eBay might be able to.

I don't have enough experience with returns either as a buyer or a seller to be sure.

Don't get into a long communication with the seller. Try to send the photo, and if the refund is not forthcoming the Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

And the robotic Claims process is faster than any customer rep, many of whom are a little unclear on concepts like "Canada".

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This is just a standard case of sending the wrong item.......

Just describe the item received and send the seller the item number of the item you purchased (which he already has).

There is no need to phone eBay customer service.

If he doesn't make amends with you, open a "item not as described" claim.

That should wake him up and resolve the transaction quickly! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply