Harper headed for majority

tobyshitzu
Community Member

Good news!!

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/author/mainstreet/

"A new Mainstreet/Postmedia poll finds the Conservatives with a strong lead nationally in the immediate aftermath of the new enhanced Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB). The Mainstreet/Postmedia poll has a margin of error of +/- 1.37%, 19/20. With 5,147 respondents it is the largest ‘Federal Horserace’ telephone poll of 2015.

“It’s Christmas in July for Conservatives as the immediate response to UCCB cheques is overwhelmingly positive for Stephen Harper. It appears that along with recent economic turmoil in Asia and Europe and a strong desire to maintain balanced budgets has increased the chances of a Harper re-election this fall,” said Quito Maggi, president of Mainstreet Research.

Among decided voters, Conservatives now lead with 38%, the NDP is second with 27%, and Liberals follow close behind at 25% with the Green Party at 6% and the Bloc at 4%. 20% of voters remain undecided."

Message 1 of 151
latest reply
150 REPLIES 150

Be aware everyone receiving the UCCB:  It's taxable!

"Fred O’Riordan, a tax expert with Ernst and Young LLP says after taxes and the elimination of the tax credit, parents in the middle to high tax brackets will be able to keep about $15 of that increase per month.

He says people should be prepared to have to pay the taxes on the UCCB come tax time in April."

Message 2 of 151
latest reply

Canada in ‘mild recession’ after economy shrinks five months in a row

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canadas-economy-shrinks-for-fifth-straight...

Message 3 of 151
latest reply

You can blame the recession on Wynne.

She raised the hydro rates to a point that industry is leaving the province because they can't afford Ontario's hydro rates and be competitive.

Message 4 of 151
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

Good news!!

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/author/mainstreet/

“It’s Christmas in July for Conservatives as the immediate response to UCCB cheques is overwhelmingly positive for Stephen Harper.  It appears that along with recent economic turmoil in Asia and Europe and a strong desire to maintain balanced budgets has increased the chances of a Harper re-election this fall,” said Quito Maggi, president of Mainstreet Research."

Someone once said... beware of Greeks bearing gifts.... 

People are always happy to get some money (most of which will be clawed back in taxes next year anyway), but does anybody these days honestly believe the Canadian public is dumb enough to allow a party to so blatantly purchase their votes?  It says something not very flattering about Harper and his gang that they do. 

Message 5 of 151
latest reply

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/the-disappearance-of-the-moderate-conservative/article25...

"The older conservative idea of society as an organic whole and of the state’s capacity to defend and promote a common, collective interest, remembering the less fortunate among us, has all but disappeared in the Conservative Party."

That was the Progressive Conservative Party I once voted for (back in the 80's)

Message 6 of 151
latest reply

>> #5: Someone once said... beware of Greeks bearing gifts....  

>>  People are always happy to get some money (most of which will be clawed back in taxes next year anyway), but does anybody these days honestly believe the Canadian public is dumb enough to allow a party to so blatantly purchase their votes?...

----------

>> A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship...

Hiding In Plain Sight

Message 7 of 151
latest reply

>> only about half of the population actually pay any income taxes... so they are bound to vote for whatever party promises them more free stuff...

www.forbes.com/the-47-percent-the-problem-is-much-worse

Message 8 of 151
latest reply

Everything always sinks to its own level, don't worry!

Harper's Cons have been third now in four of the last six polls to come out, including today's Forum poll where Harper scored 24%.

Message 9 of 151
latest reply

The only poll that counts is the one on election day.

Message 12 of 151
latest reply

You should tell that to toby who started this thread on the basis of a poll taken some time ago and favouring the Conservatives. Smiley Happy 

Now, call me cynical but I expect Harper to spin the Syrian refugee problems, bring a solution acceptable to most Canadians and make himself a hero in the process.  Can you imagine Harper suspending his election campaign for a few days, get aboard a plane to Turkey or Jordan and personally welcoming 400 refugees to board the plane to Canada!  That is a photo op that could win an election!

Or make it two planes (one with his wife) and 800 refugees! And that is a Conservative majority!

Message 13 of 151
latest reply

This news story will help the Conservatives in the polls:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jerry-bance-marketplace-1.3217797

Message 14 of 151
latest reply

And if that one doesn't put them over the top, this one surely will:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/09/07/tim-dutaud-conservative-toronto-danforth_n_8099984.html?utm_...

Trump and Rob Ford certainly have their outstanding features but only Stephen Harper could provide us with so many prime examples of Conservatism at its finest...

And to assemble all these fine features on your team of candidates to asit in Canada's Parliament is quite an achievement indeed. Hard to believe it could have been done!

Message 15 of 151
latest reply

... and this will be followed by:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/rcmp-investigation-into-pamela-wallin-s-expenses-handed-to-crown-1.25...

We all remember those words by the Prime Minister: "“I looked at the numbers. Her travel costs are comparable to any parliamentarian travellng from that particular area of the country.”

Somehow the Prime Minister must have seen something that he RCMP missed in those numbers! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 151
latest reply

Thank you toby for starting this thread a few weeks ago.

The most recent poll shows:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/nanos-on-the-numbers

Message 17 of 151
latest reply

Well of course he is! The lefties have that vote split so evenly it's a Stevie slam dunk. 

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 18 of 151
latest reply

valve37
Community Member

Team Harper surplus! HO HO HO Xmas came early Toby.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown
Message 19 of 151
latest reply

Harper closes in on majority with commanding lead!

the Tories have moved ahead of their rivals with the support of 35.4 per cent of voters, according to the Ekos poll conducted for Montreal’s La Presse newspaper.

Justin Trudeau and the Liberals have 26.3 per cent support and the NDP has the backing of 24.5 per cent of respondents. The poll questioned 2,343 people between Sept. 17 and Sept. 22 and is considered accurate to within two percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

The results would seem to smash the notion of a three-way horserace that has been recorded in polls conducted through the first eight weeks of the election campaign.

“If (the Conservatives) keep those numbers up they’re very close to a majority — if not there already,” said pollster Frank Graves.

http://www.thestar.com/news/federal-election/2015/09/24/conservatives-swing-into-lead-close-in-on-ma...

Peopel have finally come to their senses! Todays news of criminal charges agaisnt OLP can only help

Message 20 of 151
latest reply