Bank Account Verified - Payouts keeps on failing - USD payments to Canadian Bank Account

Good morning,

I have quite an issue that has been ongoing since i restarted selling on ebay. Please note that the bank account i previously registered on ebay for managed payment was working 100% fine before NOW. I am a DOOMED Canadian seller who registered for USD payments but located in Canada. Like many of you, i've been a seller for more than 10 years and i didn't know the mess i was going into.

What i did before (when first asked to register managed payments) :

- Open a TD USD checking account and verify with the micro-deposits and finally started receiving funds.

2023 episode (from Sept. until now) :

- Kept getting payouts failed on the first payments i was due (same verified bank account, never touched anything.)

- I then restarted revalidating my bank account through the automated system, all validated OK but still was getting the infamous "Your payout didn't go through, We ran into a problem sending your payout."

- Called about 5-6 times the ebay reps, no helpful insight beside entering manually my bank account which i did.

- After manual entering, i received and verified the micro-deposits and got the email i was waiting for : 

Your payout account is verified! 

Thanks for confirming the microdeposit amounts we sent to your bank account. We verified your bank details and you’re all set! If your payouts were on hold, you’ll start receiving funds to your bank account, provided there are no other issues that need your attention.

But as of now, still getting payouts failed and no funds. I don't know what else to do? Can somebody help? Thank you.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Bank Account Verified - Payouts keeps on failing - USD payments to Canadian Bank Account

And avoid Tangerine-- for some reason that bank doesn't work well with Managed Payments.

I have had both success and problems with Simplii.

And TD and the Royal Bank have been straightforward.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

Re: Bank Account Verified - Payouts keeps on failing - USD payments to Canadian Bank Account

@reallynicestamps wrote:

And TD and the Royal Bank have been straightforward.

The irony here is that @infolica is having trouble with a TD US dollar account.  I wonder if there's some conflict between the personal information associated with eBay vs. the bank account.

@infolica, just to make sure, is this the type of bank account you're trying to use with eBay?

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

We had problems with out RBCBank account-- the US "subsidiary" of the Royal Bank of Canada.

If the problem is with TDNorth -- the TDCanada Trust "subsidiary" -- it is also a US bank, not a Canadian one and that makes a huge difference if the eBay account is registered with eBay Canada.

We found our RBCBank was too expensive to keep when we retired. The high fees which were acceptable for a thriving business were onerous for a small part-time operation.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

I have a TD account that worked previously and I received payments. Not doesn’t get through. I verified it so I received the micro deposits and still failing. The issue is on EBay IT side
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

For your info as of 01/01/2024 this issue is still unresolved! Such a joke
Message 25 of 34
latest reply

Happy new year, @infolica. Why isn’t opening a new bank account an option you wish to pursue?
Message 26 of 34
latest reply

Opened two different bank account with different provider still same issue, issue is on eBay side but been on ticket hold since October
Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Micro payments?

That may be the problem.

Currency fluctuations might mean what the bank is getting is not exactly what Managed Payments sent.

Maybe.

Have you tried other ways of identifying yourself?

I used my passport and DH used his driving license. And it is not actually illegal to use your SIN, especially since this is  banking/financial situation.

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Issue has finally been fixed. On January 2nd I chatted ebay once again to have an update on my case.

Got told for the 40th time that there was an issue with my bank. I then asked to speak with a supervisor, Marco which took matter into his hand and told me that there was a lot of people having this issue.

Received my payout this morning.

Thanks to Marco but eBay is a shame.
Message 29 of 34
latest reply

@infolica wrote:

Thanks to Marco but eBay is a shame.

The switchover to Managed Payments appears to have coincided with eBay's system becoming a lot more security conscious to the point where frontline employees don't have much if any sort of access to details related to customer bank accounts.  I think other users who have had issues similar to yours have simply had to persist with customer service until they found somebody in the know.  It's unfortunate that it took several months to have this resolved, but I hope your experience gets others with similar problems more on eBay's radar.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply

I'm having exactly the same issue. Following eBay's instructions; for sales in the US, open an ebay.com account and have a USD bank account; for sales in Canadian dollars, open an ebay.ca account with a linked $CDN bank account.

That's exactly the situation I'm in now.  I used my ebay.com account, (that has a different userID from this account I see registered on this forum) for a sale to a US buyer and wanted to be paid in US dolars to my US funds account in my Canadian bank.  Simples, huh?

Well, no. The support person I'm dealing with is, quite honestly, not ever so useful; he keeps repeating the same lines again and again, and cannot actually explain anything. Tonight's excuse was that the account I gave them is "not debitable"; it's a BMO account in US dollars, and they have all the info they need.  Given your success just a few days ago, I hope that my next attempt to get a supervisor who knows what's going on and who can take matters into his or her own hands will be more successful. eBay has had my money since December 2nd, and they are pretty quick to deduct their fees, but I haven't so far had them offer to pay interest on the money they are sitting on.

I know, don't hold my breath!

Message 31 of 34
latest reply

For those needing something to rely on when asking/dealing with EBay’s CSR, you can provide this ticker number which was escalated to Product Management Department and which was mostly updated with Marco intervention/fix.

devon@ebay please can somebody at eBay have a look at this and help fix the issue once and for all?

Original EBay ticket - Req000003984410
Product & Development ticket :
INC000005824908

Message 32 of 34
latest reply

@infolica wrote:

For those needing something to rely on when asking/dealing with EBay’s CSR, you can provide this ticker number which was escalated to Product Management Department and which was mostly updated with Marco intervention/fix.

devon@ebay please can somebody at eBay have a look at this and help fix the issue once and for all?

Original EBay ticket - Req000003984410
Product & Development ticket :
INC000005824908

Hi @infolica! I can take a look into this and I will see what information I can gather and I will let you know. 

Message 33 of 34
latest reply

I have the exact smae problem. I am goinhg to keep calling ebay until they fix it.

Message 34 of 34
latest reply