Issues with Managed Payments

Our company sells on EBay and our payments have always been managed by Paypal. We have never had any problem with them but on January 12, 2021 EBay sent us an email asking to manage payments for our company's account promising no more PayPal payment processing fees and that we would have got paid directly to our bank account.
After a research on the internet, we understood that if we had not opted in for this program we would not have been able to sell anymore on EBay.
We have a registered business so we thought we would have not had any problem with this process but unfortunately this is not the case: in the beginning EBay's system has been unable to process payments because of a problem with our bank account. After we corrected it, your system started sending payouts but from January 30 stopped sending payouts stating that the system is unable to verify our company. In the meantime our items kept selling and EBay asked us to send items to buyers. Of course we also have paid the shipping cost to send the items to buyers. EBay is holding all the money for all the items we have sold since January 30 2021. Now EBay is also threatening to put further restrictions to the account if we do not update our information by February the 25th. We keep updating the information and sending the official letter of business registration with the Government of Canada, we also sent mine and my partner's SIN number as per your system's request and full banking information but the system keeps rejecting verification without any apparent reason. We have contacted customer service several times and every time the EBay agent from the Managed payments department opens the file, see the document we have uploaded, says the document is perfect and assures us that after a manual review in maximum 72 hours our problem will be solved but after a few hours we receive a rejection email. Lately, two of agents, in two different phone calls have been telling us that if the problem would not be solved by 72 hours, we would have received a phone call from a supervisor; well, we have never received any call from any supervisor. We have asked the agents to switch our company account back to the prior status but they refuse to do so, they say it's impossible because they no longer use PayPal but EBay still uses PayPal to invoice our company, in fact, today an EBay invoice for fees of $262.99 has been automatically paid from my company's PayPal account.
Just to be clear: EBay is invoicing our company for money that belongs to our company and they are arbitrarily holding. It's clear that when there is a problem, as sellers we cannot count on EBay but we are on our own. Anyone has experienced the same? If so, how did you solve?

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Issues with Managed Payments

I seem to be in the same sinking boat as you.  I have tried dozens of times to register since June 15th with no success.  Keep getting the same reply - "can not verify your account".  After 14 calls to ebay over the last 5 weeks with no success I finally have got a reply - we are currently working on this issue.   My account is sort of frozen.  I can not modify my auctions, leave feedback or list new items.  I still have the odd sale and it is still paid thru Paypal.  ebay keeps saying that if I don't register they will fully freeze my account.  But they will not accept my registration!!!   After 22 years it looks like ebay does not want my business anymore.  What a useless company.  If ebay was an actual walk in business they would have been shut down years ago.  Class action law suit - where do I sign up? 

Message 41 of 51
latest reply

I infer you solved your problems with managed payments because you have many listings and sales currently. Are you able to share how you solved the problem? I have been struggling with the same situation as you screen captured, for the last 5 weeks and similarly to your situation, have money for sales being held by Ebay and no one at Ebay able to do anything for me...

Message 42 of 51
latest reply

I see you have many current listings (beautiful stuff, by the way !) and current sales on Ebay; were you able to solve your problem with managed payments ? I hope so; if you were, will you share details of your solution ? Many others are still stuck not getting paid

Message 43 of 51
latest reply

I spoke at length with several folks at Ebay, the upshot of which was - 'technical tickets have been created both for the registration errors and the inability to register a payment account errors, but there is no ETA on a fix, or for that matter, whether there will be one at all. So, after, five weeks, numerous broken promises, promised call backs that never materialized, etc. I've given up on Ebay. I will now concentrate on recovering my money that is trapped on hold pending verification. I hope you fare better than I have; please stay in touch if you have any news on this issue.

Message 44 of 51
latest reply

Same here.

20 years on eBay as a Canadian seller is USD on eBay.com.

Signed up for Managed Payments in early June. Been going through the endless verification process since then. So far I have 14 payouts pending for a total of over USD2000. 

It is reassuring in some way to see I am not alone but this is quite frustrating as we need to keep shipping although we are not being paid. 

RBC Business account in CAD, payouts in USD. RBC reps have been hepful and keep looking for the reference number eBay is giving us but the bank does not find any pending incoming payment. 

Been receiving Etsy payouts (in CAD) and international wire transfers (in USD) without any problem. 

Contemplating the idea of opening a second business account with RBC in USD to see if it makes any difference but the associated fees are significant. 

Message 45 of 51
latest reply

If your MP payouts are set to USD you'll want to have your linked bank account be a USD account.  Make sure the bank account owner name matches your legal business name setup in your business information you submitted with your MP registration.

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

@hlmacdon wrote:

Ebay has the ability to pay you out funds owed via other means but you'll need to get a team leader to push for that to happen. They'll have to make a case internally but if you push enough they'll get that ball rolling. They'll need a reason to justify it, but if the system is preventing you from completing registration and they are not providing alternatives for verification in a timely manner that is certainly grounds for it. 

It's too bad that tid bit of major important information wasn't available sooner for anyone that has issues either staying continuously paid or getting paid from the start. Especially when you consider one of the most important reasons sell on here is getting paid.

From my few of the FAQ's attached to MP none of them answer what to when there are problems, only what could "possibly" cause them. Has there ever been an official announcement regarding these ongoing headaches?

-Lotz

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

I am having the same problem  . .I would love to join a class action law suit! 

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Since the OP is still selling and has been fairly steadily since his original post back in February, it seems likely everything has straightened itself out.

Now I have to go yell at eBay until they straighten out the newest problem on my other selling account.

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

I have been back and forth for two months now, same bat problem, same bat solution: (insert formula answer here). Wait, wait, wait. Blocked payments. Same formula answer....

I have dropped it now because it's not worth the stress. I have lost my payments. I have ended all my auctions and will be deleting my account shortly.

And I am not the only one.

Ebay's business model is full of problems. They simply do not care about the sellers. Fed up is what I am. I am sure Ebay's members who are experiencing the same as myself will be leaving too.

Ebids and Etsy are going the same way, so it's not just an Ebay headache.

Thanks for taking money from my account Ebay yet somehow, in the grand epic universe of all that is holy you cannot manage to reciprocate with putting money in.

EPIC FAILURE!

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 51 of 51
latest reply