A new challenge for Canadian sellers

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Simplified-shipping-badges-come-to-eBay/ba-p/31625712

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/estimated-delivery-dates.html

This will make it even more difficult for Canadian sellers to show up in search results and be able to compete.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"Free 2 day - 3 day & 4 day delivery"

With so many parcels sitting in USPS hubs I wonder if there are any consequences for US sellers when these delivery times aren't met.

Perhaps a lot of US sellers are using UPS?

You are right - it will push us down in search.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I don't see how changing the message from fast and free to 2, 3 or 4 day shipping is going to make a difference to our search results.  US buyers have been able to search to fast shipping for quite a while.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

for what I sell I believe there will be little to no impact for me...I fear it not and I will carry on as usual...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

This is one of many recent ebay "enhancements" I blame on the Amazon era.

We'll add it to the list of why Americans can't find Canadian listings, right Lotz? Ugggghhhh....
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The way I see it as just another tweak to the system, of many. Something for US sellers that could potentially apply and Canadian sellers something there is no realistic way to it would apply. Makes you wonder about all the other tweaks implemented by eBay dot com that either never show up on dot ca or when they do they are usually much later or are diluted. Does very little to level the playing field. For the time being it will be difficult for sellers to meet these qualifications with the current state of delivery in N. America. Who knows? Maybe things will get back ot normal....Eventually.

For now, Canadian sellers will always have a difficult time trying to compete against our counterparts when the playing field is basically stacked against us.

-Lotz

PS. It would be interesting to know what 2 similar sellers, 1 in the USA and 1 in Canada pay in FVF's over the course of a year for shipping?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I suspect the strategies and tweaks Canadian sellers have already employed to keep their heads above the US tide (for example, selling lots of unique goodies, rather than the same 💩 US sellers are selling) will be enough to combat this development.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@marnotom! 

If you can think of any tweaks/improvements ebay dot ca has made in the last bunch of years to help level the playing field, please pass em long. I've racked my brain trying to come up with some or anything and had no luck.

lotzofuniquegoodies_1-1613878867462.jpeg

-Lotz

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Why? I said nothing about that in my post.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

This is eBay.... But... Who will be delivering the mail?

How will everything be guaranteed?

Message 10 of 10
latest reply