A question for Sewing Patter sellers

I opened my hub today to find that I had about 120 listing neeing items specifics. The one needed is "Compatible Size". I already have to size of the items under featured, I don't know what Compatible sized are.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@triber wrote:

I opened my hub today to find that I had about 120 listing neeing items specifics. The one needed is "Compatible Size". I already have to size of the items under featured, I don't know what Compatible sized are.

It's not a Required IS, may still be important to use but you don't have to fill it in.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi Triber, your pattern sizes now go under "compatible size" in your item specifics. You can add more than one size there. No idea why they didnt just call it  "size". I really hate that they call everything "womens size" when most patterns use "misses size". Womens sizes are really a different size altogether. We just have to do the best we can in our descriptions.

I used to just make my own item specific called size but am now deleting it. You can use featured for something else now.

Interesting that they are just now asking you for the new item specifics. I was prompted to add mine back a couple of months ago.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I've been refilling those as they come up for renewal, usually five or six each day.

There are two sets of compatibles, SMLXL etc and 2 4 6 8 etc.

The women's numbers are below the letters and below the children's sizes.

You can stick with one or the other or go with both.

Personally I shop with numbered sizes, but I'm looking at the larger sizes anyway.

Sometimes, but not always you can list several by ticking off the boxes and then clicking ADD. Sometimes it's one at a time.

Which is why I have not sat down and done them all, too darn boring.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@triber wrote:

It's not a Required IS, may still be important to use but you don't have to fill it in.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I don't know why they make it so complicated. Very few modern patterns are just one size. A couple of my patterns are for Mother and Daughter, with a whole gaggle of sizes.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@triber 

You can add more than one size Triber.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

And a few companies, like Kwik Sew and Burda, don't really have the ones that are otherwise almost universal, used by Butterick/Vogue, Simplicity, McCalls, etc.

When I have a pattern that only gives the SML sizes, I look for the bust /chest size then add the numbered size based on that-- and from Simplicity which seems to be the most popular with home sewers.

Is there a better word than sewers or seamstresses?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Sewperson? 😀

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I will do that to my new listings, but the thought of going through 60 or 70 revisions and looking up a lot of the patterns and the XS-XL sizes is too much!

Who wants to be called a sewer? I like the sewperson.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Triber, did eBay tell you about the 120 item specific revisions all at once? I was notified about 10 or so per day for about 3 weeks. Not just when they were coming up for renewal, just random. Made it seem a lot easier to accomplish all the revisions. Happened that way for both my accounts too.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

All at once MsMaggie, I am doing a bunch every day.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply