Act now and Get $15 to Spend

Got this message today in my Seller Hub:
Update your account details by May 18 to score a coupon

I guess they really want me to sign up for MP.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

5 days before the date I had to sign up for Managed Payments ebay sent me a Final Notice about doing this.  Said it was the last correspondence .   Lots of emails before that reminding me. I  don't plan to at this time.

Today I  received an email telling me I can no longer sell (Already Know That) and to sign up

If for some reason if I had forgotten I sure have been  reminded numerous times by them leading up to that date and didn't  Now I Wonder how many of these new emails I will receive?

weavers

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@lady.stark wrote:
Got this message today in my Seller Hub:
Update your account details by May 18 to score a coupon

I guess they really want me to sign up for MP.

Woo hoo you!!! Guess you can use your eBay profits to pay for the balance of that special purchase. Ooopsie!!! That's a no go!! Nevermind!!

-Lotz

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I plan to close this eBay account when the proper time has elapsed and in meantime I will ignore & delete all emails/messages regarding/from eBay ....

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Interesting that some people got these coupons and others didn't. I didn't get one. Not that it would have made any difference but for someone who says they don't play favorites then what is this? No hard feeling on my part though. Enjoy!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Don't know how many others have done this but out of curosity I checked View Listings of many of the sellers on these boards who have been complaining about this new Managed Payments system.  I expected there would be a few which no longer had anything listed but was totally blown away. It is mind-boggling just how many I found with no active listings.  Although it may not mean anything to eBay it is still a step in the right direction for those who stand by what they believe in.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@blackranda2 wrote:

Interesting that some people got these coupons and others didn't. I didn't get one. Not that it would have made any difference but for someone who says they don't play favorites then what is this? No hard feeling on my part though. Enjoy!

Kinda sad it's turned into a "bribey - new word" kind of world. Assorted bribes here and there to get people to sign up for MP, temporary discounts for the new labels platform or cash, alcohol, drugs, fishing/hunting licences to companies offering incentives to employees, plot of land/free parking (not to mention the people who lined up for vaccines and came back to parking tickets in Calgary) to banana fritters in the Philipines. Act now!! Don't forget to register!! Limited time only!!! I guess everything is about the marketing whether it's good or bad for you!! Up to you to decide??

https://www.axios.com/states-incentives-prizes-coronavirus-vaccine-e76159cc-7e8b-4835-81f5-04bacd3d2...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/06/06/coronavirus-vaccine-incentives/

-Lotz

PS. Still trying to figure out in the long term which will be the most painful? Vaccines or Managed Payments and then have the least side affects!!! More things to make you say hmmmm!!!

Disclaimer <this post was tongue in cheek and NOT intended to offend>

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies  wrote:

Still trying to figure out in the long term which will be the most painful? Vaccines or Managed Payments and then have the least side affects!!! 

IMO gettting a vaccine will have less side effects than Managed Payments. We were all vaccinated for numerous things when we kids and lived to talk about it. I normally don't get the flu shot because I have a fear of needles due to a previous bad experience but I bit the bullet and signed up for the COVID vaccine and got it as soon as I was able to. Quick and painless.  It has been almost 6 weeks now and I had no side effects. Not even a sore arm.  To me this is the only way for us to ever get back to some kind of a normal life whatever that is anymore.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This coupon is B.S , I can't buy anything with it.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@fprovence wrote:

This coupon is B.S , I can't buy anything with it.  

I bought a $15.99 book with it successfully last week. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for your reply it is a good idea.  I did the same and it worked!  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply