An FYI to anyone still using an SSB account with CP

This just showed in my email today from CP. Intended for ANY sellers with lightweight Expedited packages in Canada.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1705041451737.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1705041579853.png

Full link: Currently valid until May 20, 2024

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/marketing/campaign/lightweight-shipping-2023....

-Lotz

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

yes... got the email last evening...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

That promotion has been going on for quite a long time now.  I'd consider it good news that it's being extended again, because that probably means they seeing results from it. Hopefully we'll see a new cheap agreement with eBay as well for stuff in the 200g to 500g range.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@flipistics wrote:

That promotion has been going on for quite a long time now.  I'd consider it good news that it's being extended again, because that probably means they seeing results from it. Hopefully we'll see a new cheap agreement with eBay as well for stuff in the 200g to 500g range.

But even if CP eventually does offer something like that, we're still talking about Expedited Parcel handling and service. Besides, I've yet to see even a discounted Expedited rate (plus Fuel Charge, plus own packaging) match the all-in costs of those sturdy and suprisingly brisk Extra-Small national Flat Rate boxes, or 'get-it-by-the-weekend' regional XPressPost bubble mailers.

Spoiled, I am. So flat, I be.  😄

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I got that too -- but as snail mail, not an email.

It went in the "collectible but not valuable " box to sell to our local postal history dealer.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply