Anonymous ratings... DSR... No more

Starting in late April, detailed seller ratings will no longer be anonymous. 

An announcement ....for buyers....appears to be so...

From the following link

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2014/03/24/7588/

Quote.....

Feedback is key to keeping eBay a trusted marketplace and a great place to buy. When you make a purchase, and then rate your experience in the areas of communication, shipping time, shipping cost, and item description, you’re helping your seller and eBay ensure your ongoing satisfaction.

While the current system of anonymous ratings provides sellers a general indication about their service, they need details to address any issues effectively. For example, if a seller’s ratings indicate their packages take too long to arrive, it will help them take the right action if they know the issue is with shipments to a specific geographical region.

Sellers will soon be able to get reports that provide this kind of detailed information.Starting in late April, detailed seller ratings will no longer be anonymous. Sellers will be able to run reports telling them which of their transactions received low detailed seller ratings.

With this change, sellers will be able to make much better use of the ratings to continually refine their selling practices—and deliver the great service you expect.So please continue to leave ratings and feedback that honestly and fairly reflect your buying experience! 

---------------------------------------

One must assume that sellers should not contact a buyer about  low ratings... as before 

The question is...

Will buyers leave the same rating as before... now that the sellers will know who left the low rating....

The Seller-Buyer relationship is being adjusted..

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

My rate is a guessetimated rated. I added up all negs,, 1s and 2s, opened case, divided through by my 1000 sales. That gives me a rate of 2%.

To get to 5% I have to have 4-5 problems a month. Some months I have none. So, two months of no problems means the third month can have 12-15? On a volume of ~100 a month? I certainly hope not.

The fear of change does not mean that the change is to be feared.
Photobucket
Message 21 of 29
latest reply

The fear of change does not mean that the change has to be feared.

Whoever first posted that obviously wasn't married.Smiley Very Happy

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

, I just couldn't understand who could have left it when all the feedbacks seem very positive.

Were any of your buyers newbies? Occasionally an inexperienced buyer will leave Ones thinking that is the highest rating.

Sigh.

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

@bb_cool_stuff wrote:

The fear of change does not mean that the change has to be feared.

Whoever first posted that obviously wasn't married.Smiley Very Happy

Two things I am afraid of: my wife, and super glue.

Photobucket
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

I will have to add Brussel Sprouts.

I haven't got that taste out of my mouth since 1974.

Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Ask your cook to braise them quartered  with beef stock, bacon and black pepper.  About 15 to 20 minutes.

Mind you, I like liver, black liquorice, black pudding and headcheese.

My late mother boiled sprouts till they were yellow. Ick.

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:
My rate is a guessetimated rated. I added up all negs,, 1s and 2s, opened case, divided through by my 1000 sales. That gives me a rate of 2%.

To get to 5% I have to have 4-5 problems a month. Some months I have none. So, two months of no problems means the third month can have 12-15? On a volume of ~100 a month? I certainly hope not.

The fear of change does not mean that the change is to be feared.

Don't forget to include neutrals and 3's in item as described.

I think that there is more concern over the 2% defect rate for TRS, especially for the smaller sellers. A seller with 400 sales/year only has a cushion of 8 defects.  I also don't think that it is reasonable to have a buyer inadvertently open a case and have that case count when all the buyer wanted to do was ask a question.

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

What happened, DSR's were supposed to not be anonymous effective April 2014.

While the current system of anonymous ratings provides sellers a general indication about their service, they need details to address any issues effectively. For example, if a seller’s ratings indicate their packages take too long to arrive, it will help them take the right action if they know the issue is with shipments to a specific geographical region. Sellers will soon be able to get reports that provide this kind of detailed information. Starting in late April, detailed seller ratings will no longer be anonymous. Sellers will be able to run reports telling them which of their transactions received low detailed seller ratings. With this change, sellers will be able to make much better use of the ratings to continually refine their selling practices—and deliver the great service you expect. So please continue to leave ratings and feedback that honestly and fairly reflect your buying experience!

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

You can find out who left you a DSR that gave you a defect through a link in your seller's dashboard but I don't know of a way to see who gave non low DSR's.

Message 29 of 29
latest reply