Another not so well thought out change.. update tracking info page..

So now when i go to my items waiting shipment page, and click on add tracking number, When the add tacking number page comes up.. there is no postal code or zip code  by the buyers name. just their id and name.. This is fine when you are only shipping one package with tracking..But when you have multiple tracking numbers to upload it is a pain, i have to back out and go into order details for each buyer, and match their postal code, to my postal receipt. Then go back in

to upload tracking information..  can someone tag tyler about this, i can't remember how to do that..

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I use PayPal shipping, and most often any packages with tracking, automatically uploaded the tracking numbers to my eBay page. Still applied to packages within Canada from recent applicable package, but I haven't sent any packages recently to USA with tracking so don't know if that is still applicable for outside of Canada...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

A printed copy of the email message received from eBay becomes a record of a transaction.

The address on this email  is compared to the address on the email from Paypal...  The postal code on the Paypal email  is placed on the eBay email if the address on this eBay email is different than the address on the Paypal email

The cost of postage paid by the buyer is also recorded on the eBay email.  Everything that happens with a parcel is record on this eBay email

This email from eBay has the name of the buyer  and the postal code.  This record with the buyer's name is used to identify which tracking number is placed with which transaction on the Orders page....

This eBay email is my official record of each transaction for tax purposes

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Your missing the point here, when i come home with a postal receipt, and want to upload tracking numbers, the ebay page where i upload tracking information, isn't showing me the buyers, postal code on the page,  where i upload the numbers to. so i am  going backwards and looking up their  postal codes, or zips, where before, when i went to add tracking numbers, they were all displayed for me, so i just matched them up to my postal receipt, and entered them.

tyler@ebay

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Make an appropriate adjustment... and live with it....

This is my seventeenth year of selling on eBay... and a print of that eBay email has always been my record of each transaction ... for tax purposes... 

and now it becomes the link between the buyer's name and the tracking number....

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I don't ever use that as I print my labels online but I understand what you mean and it is odd that they would delete that info.  Tyler is away for a few more days but I'm sure that he will reply when he gets back.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Here is a solution

Go to the Orders page....

Click on the View Record option for a transaction.

There is a place to add tracking number  just below the photo of the item sold.

This page has everything you need.... Buyer's name.....  postal code or zip number....  and a place to add the tracking number.

This is a new way to make it happen....

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

the whole point of this exercise is that ebay , just made things more difficult, i am tired of looking for  work a rounds, For ebay 's improvements.. and trying to point out the fact , that what they tried to improve, they didn't..  just saying...

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I have learned to make adjustments as required....  just do it....

---- Changing from US dollars to Canadian dollars on eBay Canada

--- http  became https

--- All of my listings of books have a correct ISBN number

--- Adjusted  my listings with key words in the title so that buyers can  find my listings more easily

---  eBay changed Item specifics for books....  and a small adjustment was made   for  new listings... With my old listings item specifics did not change

--- A slight adjustment when adding the tracking number to a transaction

Always looking for ways to make things .... better .....

and now... My record of sales for 2019 proves everything is getting better.....

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Use the Seller hub to do bulk updates.

Mark the items you want to add/update shipping in the orders section, then select Add tracking from the first dropdown menu. This takes you to the Add or edit tracking numbers page. Each item you selected is now displayed with buyer ebay ID, buyer name, postal code, and item title.

Add tracking and carrier for each item, then save.

postal codes are shownpostal codes are shown

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Perfect... very easy ! ! ! !

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

OP started this discussion in frustration mode......

We now have the prefect answer....

Learn something new every day......

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

i don't think you are all seeing the new screen yet, i can't do a capture so here is a photo, they do not show the postal code anymore????? fine when shipping one item, but when i have 3 numbers to update, it is way too much extra work, with chances of mistakes being made.P1330400.JPG

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

You can't see the postal code there but if you do it in bulk, you will see it. As the other poster explained, in sellers hub/orders check off the items that you want to add tracking to and then click on add tracking just above that.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

add tracking number.jpg

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I suspect it's a problem of how you reach the Add or edit tracking numbers page.

Your photo shows a URL of

ebay.ca/ship/tr/?update=transactions ...etc

My method ends up with a URL of

payments.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=AddTrackingNumber ...etc

So two different methods to get there, 2 different results.

tyler@ebay  when he returns next week.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Do the following  in order as presented.

Start on the Seller Hub page

(1) Go to the Manage all orders page.

(2) In the left column go down to Results.

(3) Then it is Actions... with a small square box to the left of this word

(4) There is a small square box for each transaction.... Click on three small boxes, for three different transactions... where tracking is to be added    (one or more transactions can have tracking added.

(5)   Once  the  small box is a blue color,  there is a rectangular box  between Results and Actions.  The visible wording  in this rectangular box is Shipping

(6) Click on the word Shipping in this rectangular box..  and three options are now available.

(7)  Click on .... Add tracking....  and now tacking can be added to the three chosen transactions.... or as many transactions as wanted..

(8) Here is the information with each transaction... Buyer's name, postal code  and the title of the transaction

(7)  Add Tracking information for each selected transaction....... 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply