Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

I make changes to my listing template, click the button to save my changes and it just gets stuck on the "saving changes" popup with the little spinning circle above it, and never actually saves the changes.

It's been like this for two days. I reported it to support and they said I wasn't the only one to have reported it, and that it'd be fixed within 24 hours... it still hasn't been fixed.

Just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this specific issue, because if not then maybe there's an issue with my browser or something.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

You have cleared your cache right? That's always a good thing to do when odd things like this happen....even if it is fixed clearing the cache may be required to make it work again on your machine....

Message 2 of 83
latest reply

Here is my post regarding the same issue from November 4, 2021. For myself the matter was finally resolved. The posts in the thread may help. Now I can't open Account Settings/Communications with Buyers. I spent an hour and a half on chat with eBay  and it's still not opening.

They said tghe same thing. "clear your browser." Didn't work for me.  Be warned if you clear your browser while in a chat session it will close the chat window. Be sure to finish the chat 1st. The CSR told me if it didn't work the "team" would have me fixed up within 24 hours. That was a few days ago.  I still can't open "communications with buyers." 

Best wishes.

Here's the link to the thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Unable-To-Create-or-Edit-Listing-Templates-When-I-try-to...

Message 3 of 83
latest reply

Caches have been cleared yes, and still, the spinning circle of uselessness persists 😞

Message 4 of 83
latest reply

Thank you for the link. I will have a look through that tomorrow morning to see if anything can help.

Yeah I've cleared caches and all that. I've used different browsers, incognito, fresh browser instances, etc... to no avail. I think I'll be able to deal with it for maybe another day or two before it really starts to become a hinderance to my posting.

tyler@ebayAny chance you've heard internally that ebay is close to a fix for this? If they need additional info from me for troubleshooting please let me know - I am more than happy to help if it means it'll get fixed quicker.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 83
latest reply

nc4ab
Community Member

Exact same issue, any one find a solution?

Message 6 of 83
latest reply

Same here.

I cannot save a template that I have made changes to.

Gets stuck on the twirling clock 'saving template...'

and yes,

I clear my cache daily.

Message 7 of 83
latest reply

Interesting update. When I'm in seller hub and go to Orders > Shipping Labels and click one of my tracking numbers to check for updates, I again get the spinning circle of uselessness - that is to say, the tracking info doesn't load and it just keeps spinning.

However, if I click the order number instead and then click "track package" in the order info section, I am able to see delivery updates.

Message 8 of 83
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

Thank you for the link. I will have a look through that tomorrow morning to see if anything can help.

Yeah I've cleared caches and all that. I've used different browsers, incognito, fresh browser instances, etc... to no avail. I think I'll be able to deal with it for maybe another day or two before it really starts to become a hinderance to my posting.

tyler@ebayAny chance you've heard internally that ebay is close to a fix for this? If they need additional info from me for troubleshooting please let me know - I am more than happy to help if it means it'll get fixed quicker.

Thanks.

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer - this is definitely really frustrating. I don't have a great answer for you on this one, but I DO have a lot of questions that I'll ask you to answer so I can get this filed for a more formal review! 

Firstly, is this for listing templates via Seller Hub Inventory, or are these Draft listings from your Seller Hub Listings section? 

Is this happening when you try to create a new draft/template as well as access old ones?

It sounds like you're listing using a computer (and not the app). If this is the case will you please let me know:

The browsers you've tried it with

Your operating system (Windows, Mac, etc)

Lastly, and I know this sounds silly, can you get me a screenshot of the spinning circle? If not, that's okay, but I've found that I get a lot more responsiveness when there's an image attached to my tickets. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 83
latest reply

Question #1: I have no idea what Seller Hub Inventory is to be completely honest. The templates I'm referring to are when you are in Seller Hub and click Create Listing > Single Listing and then it takes you to a page where towards the bottom, it gives the option to create your listing from a template instead of starting from scratch. I apologize, but I'm not familiar with all the eBay terminology yet.

Question #2: Creating drafts and posting from my templates are not affected - I can still do that with no problem. It's just when I try to create/edit the actual template that I run into issues.

Question #3: I have tried with Firefox and Chrome browsers to no avail. I am running Windows.

Question #4: See photo attached. Also, note how there is no URL showing in the bottom left-hand corner. Normally you see a URL there when a page is trying to load something, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with the issue. Just my $0.02, take it for what it's worth.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 83
latest reply

Tyler

I have created a number of Listing Templates; they are stored in Seller Hub under 'Listing Templates' on left column of Seller Hub.

Often, I want to make some changes to a template in order to simplify the process of listing similar items, changing some of the item specifics, custom label, title, price, etc.

After I make changes to a template and click 'Save Template' (the button at LL of page) I get the spinning wheel of infinity 'saving template...'. see my screenshot.

The same thing happens when I try to make a new template. Clicking 'Save Template' gives me the same spinning wheel. I have let it run for over an hour to see if it ever resolves, but no.

I am using a desktop computer, browser is Firefox 96.0.3 (64 bit)

I hope this helps you.

Paul

Message 11 of 83
latest reply

HI-Yes i am fairly new to the buying side of ebay but I too got the exact same thing when I tried to make a template yesterday. i used the same pathway to make a listing and then the template but I could not save and got the circles also. I opened another window to carry on my work thinking it was taking some time but it remained spinning for over 20 minutes until I just X' ed out the window and lost my work. I am using chrome on a laptop.

Message 12 of 83
latest reply

Same issue with me - noticed a couple days ago - still not working today. Trying using two different browsers with same issue.

Message 13 of 83
latest reply

Same problem, I tried with 4 different computers (pc) and 3 different browsers. And I have to take an ad 6 to 8 times, it doesn't load. I lose a lot of money. I left several messages on ebay, and I pay for a store. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. I am in tabarnack (very very angry).

Message 14 of 83
latest reply

Same issue. I cannot believe this issue is back again, it persisted for a month or two last time.
Message 15 of 83
latest reply

Hey tyler@ebay please see the responses from the people above, including my own.

Lots of people are experiencing this issue, and for me personally, it is now really starting to have an effect on my ability to post and sell.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 83
latest reply

Hey tyler@ebay please see the responses from the people above, including my own.

Lots of people are experiencing this issue, and for me personally, it is now really starting to have an effect on my ability to post and sell.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I'm unable to complete a listing now. It will let me save to drafts. Open the draft and it will not send. Tested in both Chrome and Firefox. Same results. List item tab "appears" to not have a link attached to it. The other options do.

-Lotz

Message 17 of 83
latest reply

Posting still works for me so far luckily. I don't know what kind of update eBay did but it seems to have messed everything up.

Wonder if you click two or more drafts then edit so that it takes you to the bulk listing thing, maybe that'll change things? Just throwing ideas out there, because it seems we are on our own for now.

Wish eBay had a bug bounty program. We'd all get rich lol

Message 18 of 83
latest reply

Posting still works for me so far luckily. I don't know what kind of update eBay did but it seems to have messed everything up.

Wonder if you click two or more drafts then edit so that it takes you to the bulk listing thing, maybe that'll change things? Just throwing ideas out there, because it seems we are on our own for now.

Wish eBay had a bug bounty program. We'd all get rich lol

Ebay has this but I can't recall anything actually displaying. List of categories was longer a few years ago. Some kind of running tab of known issues would be extremely helpful for everyone concerned.

https://www.ebay.ca/sts

-Lotz

Message 19 of 83
latest reply

Maybe I should make a new thread? I've got a list of bugs I've seen that I could start it off with...

Message 20 of 83
latest reply