Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

I make changes to my listing template, click the button to save my changes and it just gets stuck on the "saving changes" popup with the little spinning circle above it, and never actually saves the changes.

It's been like this for two days. I reported it to support and they said I wasn't the only one to have reported it, and that it'd be fixed within 24 hours... it still hasn't been fixed.

Just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this specific issue, because if not then maybe there's an issue with my browser or something.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: Anyone else unable to edit their listing templates?

Proven yes but at this point I'm going through the motions and trying anything I can.

I went around to all the eBays I frequent to make sure I was logged out. It didn't work.

I went to eBay.com to create a new template. I could preview the template but couldn't save. It gave me the same loop as eBay.ca

I searched the internet and read previous cases similar to this but no solution could I see. 

Message 61 of 83
latest reply

Quick update,

been over 2 weeks now and still cannot edit templates or create new ones.

Message 62 of 83
latest reply

Same.

Looks like I'll have to decide if I should allow my subscription to expire and take my business eslwhere or stick around and add the changes I need to every listing I create (which will take more time).

Message 63 of 83
latest reply

Every time I try to use or update a listing template on eBay.ca  I get a never-ending circle of death when I try to save it. When I quit and come back to my templates (sometimes after letting it "save" for an hour), my template changes are not saved.

I have called (or chatted) several times about this, and each time, it is admitted that the problem is with eBay, not me. And each time, after a promise that it will be looked into, nothing happens or changes. I have found threads with this same problem dating back to last NOVEMBER and others more recently. My experience has been ongoing for months as well. This problem is NOT being resolved. I have followed advice to clear my cache, restart, upgrade software, etc. all to no avail. When will eBay fix this or at least admit there is a problem that they cannot seem to resolve? What do we do now?

Message 64 of 83
latest reply

Yes, I've been having the same problem for months now. (Today being Feb 19, 2022)

Still no solutions offered.

Message 65 of 83
latest reply

Same problem for me also. Very frustrating.

Message 66 of 83
latest reply

I'm experiencing another day of this.

My reasoning is not every single member is experincing this problem on eBay.ca otherwise they would've fixed this by now or lose a large amount of revenue from people ending their memberships.

So if this is a small amount of people, it makes sense that as one person said, he's been without editing his templates for months. 

So is the page reacting to certain browsers or programs that users are using?

I feel helpless over here. I started  looking for a back-up website last night to sell my goods through, just in case.

Message 67 of 83
latest reply

90% of the items sold on eBay are under $30 so descriptions are short or non existant. Only a small percentage of sellers use templates. Many just use sell similar. 

Message 68 of 83
latest reply

I don't know if this will help anyone at all, but I had to go look up what a listing template was, I've never used one ever since 1999.

I've only created 2 items from scratch on eBay, one on .COM in 1999 and one on .CA in about 2018 when I started listing there.

After that I always use "sell similar" or "relist" for everything I sell (about 4,000 items running right now). I pick an item that is close to what I'm selling so there's not much for me to change. (oops I did forget that I used Turbolister for a long time but I just did the same thing within it, copied similar items)

Of course my situation might be different from (most) others but incase it helps until the templates thing is fixed I put it forward as an option....

Message 69 of 83
latest reply

@ricarmic 

That's a good suggestion. It may offer some relief until eBay fixes the issue.

I rely more on templates than others. I create templates as I expand into different categories and streamline existing ones just to save me from all the cut and paste with each listing.

Message 70 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer  (and others) - 

I'm being told as of today that this issue has been resolved and should no longer be impacting anyone. 

Will you please test and let me know?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 71 of 83
latest reply

One second, I'll test right now.

Message 72 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebayIt's working!

Message 73 of 83
latest reply

@canada_goose_whisperer wrote:

tyler@ebayIt's working!

Thanks for confirming @canada_goose_whisperer!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 76 of 83
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

tyler@ebayIt's working!

Still getting the spinning dial when I try to send drafts. I tried @canada_goose_whisperer suggestion to use bulk editor but for my listings that doesn't really work. Each one is "unique" on itself. I am up to 5 listings that just get spinning dial so the issue is most like connected to the other issue.

Several reboots and walking away also tried. No luck with that either. I really don't want to go through the process of re-doing 10 listings from scratch.(cut and paste). This has been an ongoing issue (spinning wheel) if you walk away from a draft and then go back to work on it. Only workaround was to save draft(let it spin) and reopen from draft folder and confirm changes are in place and send immediately.

-Lotz

Message 77 of 83
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

tyler@ebayIt's working!

Still getting the spinning dial when I try to send drafts. I tried @canada_goose_whisperer suggestion to use bulk editor but for my listings that doesn't really work. Each one is "unique" on itself. I am up to 5 listings that just get spinning dial so the issue is most like connected to the other issue.

Several reboots and walking away also tried. No luck with that either. I really don't want to go through the process of re-doing 10 listings from scratch.(cut and paste). This has been an ongoing issue (spinning wheel) if you walk away from a draft and then go back to work on it. Only workaround was to save draft(let it spin) and reopen from draft folder and confirm changes are in place and send immediately.

-Lotz

Draft issue resolved. Took multiple reboots. 

-Lotz

Message 78 of 83
latest reply

Thank you Goose Whisperer!

Mine just worked for the 1st time in ages.

Don't  get your hopes up. 

There is a pattern of function and then malfunction.

Message 79 of 83
latest reply

My templates are saving too.

It feels so good to be able to edit them again.

Message 80 of 83
latest reply