Anyone getting long delays with packages shipped to the USA?

I mailed two CD's on Feb 1st and neither buyer in the US have received them. I've never had this problem before. My only guess is the lady who processed the packages left off the Air Mail stickers. But I just thought I'd check and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Anyone getting long delays with packages shipped to the USA?

Airmail stickers are redundant as the postage price determines the service.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

There was a storm on the Eastern Seaboard, wasn't there? It delayed mail but unless you have tracking on it, you cannot appeal any late delivery defects. 

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

"Airmail stickers are redundant"

So when the employees are sorting these things, they are seriously looking at the prices of each package?

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Employees sort very little of it. The packages are sorted by machinery reading the barcodes and Qcodes.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Airmail stickers are useful for making the recipient think that the sender cared.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

I've had the same problem lately with packages taking longer to the US. Usually got there between 1-2 weeks. One person still hasn't received the package I mailed Jan 26th. I don't think it has anything to do with the Air Mail stickers as I put them on all my packages myself.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Airmail stickers are a very wise idea when there is a possibility of a boat being involved. Unfortunately in this day and age due to reliance on machines/computers  the likelihood it will still end up on "the boat" despite the application on both sides of airmail stickers is higher than in the past. It takes eyes to properly determine if there is an airmail sticker or not.

This is not usually going to affect 48 state USA since it is supposed to be by air to there anyways unless specifically destined for surface only.

Airmail stickers are free. Get a bunch and put them on every side of every item going outside Canada. It costs nothing and it improved your odds.

The items the OP is referring to are either stuck on a postal facility, stolen by the buyers or stolen by someone else.

If they were mailed together they are likely stuck together.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

It's been a while since I read a post that contains as much nonsense as Maximus's.

Tom

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I have yet another package that is taking awhile. Mailed Expedited to New York on the 17th. Expected delivery date the 24th, still no show and no updated tracking since the 21st.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Are you checking USPS? Their website will have better, more detailed tracking on it once it hits the border than does CPC.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Majestyk,

I wouldn't get my knickers in too much of a twist, if I were you. Mail sometimes is inexplicably delayed. The two CDs you mailed on Feb 1 and hadn't been delivered by Feb 24 are (or were) certainly unusually delayed but I wouldn't lose any sleep over that Expedited Parcel you mailed on the 17th. Stuff happens. All three items will arrive in the fullness of time - guaranteed.

Tom

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I'm using USPS to track. Sometimes I check CP afterwards. Now that I think about it, the "expected delivery date Feb 24th" (which USPS.com reports) seems a tad optimistic. 

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

By the way, I asked for Signature shipping for the expedited package. The girl acknowledged and said it would be something like $1.00 more. But there is nothing regarding signature or an extra charge on my receipt. Looks like she screwed up.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

I might be wrong but l think you can only get signature for the extra dollar on domestic expedited. When it goes international, you need Xpresspost to get a signature option.
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

You're right, expedited USA does not have a signature option available.

In this case a signature isn't required. Unless the item is $750 U.S. plus, a signature isn't needed for seller protection and may just be hassle for the buyer if they have to make a special trip to the post office.   The way that I understand it, the post offices in the U.S. are usually just open business hours only so if a buyer is at work during business hours, it can be difficult for them to go pick up a package.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Interesting how she told me I had signature. At least she didn't charge me more. The girl must have been new.

Anyway, I just got an updated entry on the tracking. It seems to be out for delivery. It's nice to have Saturday shipping in the US.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

Airmail stickers are "other" than free. Try ordering the "free" ones with other supplies. I have those orders part-cancelled. CP will not send them out beyond a small amount.

CP regs have changed. It used to be two stickers, one on each side. That is now down to one. Don't have any? Write "air mail" in blue pen.

What Stamps says, airmail stickers are a feel good link to the past.

Photobucket
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I'll get some air mail stickers at my local PO. They all know me there.

By the way, the item that I sent via Expedited was a $150US watch. How would you guys have shipped it to the US? Express? The item went to an apartment in New York city and tracking says it was received at the reception/desk. I just hope it's secure and gets to the buyer. Shipping everything Express doesn't seem feasible to me. (IE: My sales will go down) But if I had known ahead of time that it was going to an apartment, I probably would have done Express.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I would have sent it tracked packet as that is usually less expensive than expedited. Sending it xpresspost just to have a signature wouldn't serve any purpose since neither eBay or paypal require a signature for a $150 item.

I also don't check the tracking of items that I've sent out unless the buyer complains that they haven't received it yet. It sounds like in this case the buyer hasn't said anything to you and for all you know, they already have the item and you are worried about it for no reason.

But then I don't use airmail stickers either and I've never noticed that causing any problems.

But if I had known ahead of time that it was going to an apartment, I probably would have done Express.

Why? I doubt that there are many apartments that have a reception/desk. In most cases the parcel would get put in their mail box or a notice will be left letting them know that the parcel can be picked up at the post office.
Message 20 of 26
latest reply