Are these boards hard to sign into for you too?

I've been having a brute getting signed into these boards for days now.

Keeps sending me to the main forms whenever I try to sign in.

Took me about 20 tries today to finally get here and actually signed in today...... sometimes no problems, sometimes big problems....

PS Yes I've cleared my cache a couple times now, using Chrome.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are these boards hard to sign into for you too?

Yeah known issue, Tyler mentioned it a few weeks back.

Fun!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Yeah known issue, Tyler mentioned it a few weeks back.

Fun!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Same problem here, it's annoying as heck.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I usually start directly from the Community home page.  Sometimes hitting the "sign in" link works straight away, sometimes it takes a few tries, and sometimes I won't be signed in until I try giving a "helpful" or posting something, at which point my cookie seems to take hold.

It seems to be an issue on the US boards as well.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi folks - 

I know I'm late to this discussion, but just want to confirm that yes, this is an issue that definitely drives all of us crazy. Nothing like 20 minutes of clicking 'sign in' to get onto the boards each day. 

The good news is that a fix has been found and is being rolled out gradually to everyone over the next week. Fingers crossed we should all be able to log in as you'd expect by next Friday!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Why is  the Community platform so different here in Canada? It does not resemble at all the Ebay.com Community platform which is very simple to use. Can Ebay.ca use the same platform? I am trying to find Groups on different subjects (ie. toys, antiquities, home and fashion, collectible, etc. like they have) and I am not able to find any - anywhere! on the platform! It is so complicated!! I have been asking my questions on Ebay.com for years because of this and have to say that I am completely satisfied. I was trying again today with the Canadian platform and am horribly disappointed again by the lack of ease of our Canadian platform.  Please - just copy the American model!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

We are a few updates behind the .com boards but I rarely find those updates useful anyway.  AFAIK there are no groups on this board, probably because there are just not enough people here that would use them.  

The US. Boards definitely have a lot more users and more boards though the information given here is usually more for Canadian users if they have questions about using eBay...problems etc.  Sometimes answers on the US boards aren’t Canadian specific.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

General update on this:

The fix is still in the process of being rolled out, with a new completion date of 11.11. 

Also, to @333doliliflo's question: all the eBay Community sites are on different versions of the same platform (Khoros). All the bells and whistles tend to get rolled out to the .com version first as it receives the most traffic and volume out of any of the 14 community sites.

As to groups - @pjcdn2005 is correct that the volume and traffic to groups is so low that we're looking to turn it off as a feature. I'd rather make sure that your comments and questions get seen when you have them instead of being in a group where they may not get any attention. 

Thanks! 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I understand now. I want to thank you very much for all the info. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you Tyler for the explanations. I will continue to get help with the US Community Boards as I am completely satisfied with them. Best regards.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Definitely have trouble signing in today. Can't sign in via phone. Took a few tries with computer.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply