Attention - a new dangerous glitch! GALLERY PLUS FEE!

Just a new glitch, this time a very dangerous one. I listed an item and was suddenly charged for Gallery Plus! I list mainly in Antiques, where that feature was and (supposedly?) is FREE. Having around 2.700 items in my store, I would expect an additional fee charge for - attention -  4.266 CAD!!!! 

fee.jpg

Just please verify your "Recent activity" section. I am not sure what categories are affected, but it would be a good idea to verify yours. I contacted the CS immediately, they confirmed the glitch,  and the fee has been refunded, but it's still SCARY!  

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Attention - a new dangerous glitch! GALLERY PLUS FEE!

@byto253 wrote:

I did the bulk edit for listing options and under "International Visibility" it said I that selected for 39 listings.  I do have some listings with the US as a ship to location, but I did not select the for a fee visibility option for 39 listings.

Not sure if that is a glitch or due to selecting UK for shipping, but I opted out of that as well as I am putting everyting on Time Away for a few weeks and do not need mystery fees popping up.

This is on .com.

I also checked some random listings and see that there is a mix of some listings showing $0 for Gallery Plus, and others have a fee.  Hopefully when I am ready to take these off of Time Away the issues will be sorted out and I can do listings and not be concerned with $0 Gallery Plus items getting charged on auto relist.

devon@ebay 

@38e_avenue 

@byto253 

Has everyone been credited for this issue that was charged in error. Ticket is still showing as open on dot com. Would be nice to know, for anyone that chooses to use Gallery Plus for applicable categories that sellers are not being charged when the option is supposed to be free. (The applicable price increase is "supposed" to officially kick in April 1 on ca.)

-Lotz

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@byto253 wrote:

I did the bulk edit for listing options and under "International Visibility" it said I that selected for 39 listings.  I do have some listings with the US as a ship to location, but I did not select the for a fee visibility option for 39 listings.

Not sure if that is a glitch or due to selecting UK for shipping, but I opted out of that as well as I am putting everyting on Time Away for a few weeks and do not need mystery fees popping up.

This is on .com.

I also checked some random listings and see that there is a mix of some listings showing $0 for Gallery Plus, and others have a fee.  Hopefully when I am ready to take these off of Time Away the issues will be sorted out and I can do listings and not be concerned with $0 Gallery Plus items getting charged on auto relist.

devon@ebay 

@38e_avenue 

@byto253 

Has everyone been credited for this issue that was charged in error. Ticket is still showing as open on dot com. Would be nice to know, for anyone that chooses to use Gallery Plus for applicable categories that sellers are not being charged when the option is supposed to be free. (The applicable price increase is "supposed" to officially kick in April 1 on ca.)

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I just went through to check on the status of the ticket and it now shows as resolved. As far as credits for incorrect charges this is what the Tech Team has shared:

"Members that were previously impacted should be advised that they will be credited for the incorrect fees. If members are still reporting this issue, please reach out to customer support to open a new ticket for your account." 

Message 22 of 35
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@byto253 wrote:

This is on .com.

devon@ebay 

@38e_avenue 

@byto253 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I just went through to check on the status of the ticket and it now shows as resolved. As far as credits for incorrect charges this is what the Tech Team has shared:

"Members that were previously impacted should be advised that they will be credited for the incorrect fees. If members are still reporting this issue, please reach out to customer support to open a new ticket for your account." 

Hello devon@ebay ,

Have all the categories/sub-categories been updated to correctly show when the charge is free or at a fee for Gallery Plus? On the Canadian side it was showing 1.05 (Alberta 5%). Fee should be 1.00. (When applicable). Tax is not normally built in but charged after the fact. When tax is built in it is noted as part of the explanation of charges. This is not what was happening.

-Lotz

PS. Will sellers be credited for any bank overdraft fees(with verification) caused by this eBay error? These charges were entirely an eBay mistake. Not something a seller was in control of and therefore  shouldn't be on the hook for those charges. 

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

I removed the Gallery Plus from all my listings and do not plan to use it again in the near future. I did not notice any sales pattern changes after I removed this strange feature. 

Message 24 of 35
latest reply

@38e_avenue wrote:

I removed the Gallery Plus from all my listings and do not plan to use it again in the near future. I did not notice any sales pattern changes after I removed this strange feature. 

For certain categories of antiques/older books the Gallery Plus for free could be very useful. When you need super closeups. The problem being many sellers may have removed to err on the side of caution. All I know is I didn't want some automagic fee to show up by total surprise so I removed across the board as soon as the issue was pointed out.  If a seller has 100's/1000's of listings it would be very time consuming to go back in and repair the repair. I haven't created any new listings recently so unsure if this "problem" has been 100% fixed. 

-Lotz

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

I chose to never use this when it became "free" in my categories because I did not want to have to go back someday when it became "nonfree" and fix my 4000 or so listings, and as mentioned by others, at least in my world, I don't think it would be worth spending anything on if it did become unfree.... glad I made that choice, once in a while I get it right.

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:

I chose to never use this when it became "free" in my categories because I did not want to have to go back someday when it became "nonfree" and fix my 4000 or so listings, and as mentioned by others, at least in my world, I don't think it would be worth spending anything on if it did become unfree.... glad I made that choice, once in a while I get it right.

@ricarmic 

I feel the same way about flat rate shipping. Becomes a nightmare when postage prices increase...Both letter rates and fuel surcharge changes. Too scary to risk. My presto change-o button broke ages ago.

-Lotz

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies  HAH well see there's where I'm suffering!

Everything I sell is flat rate regardless of site and keep in mind despite me only selling "wee stamps", I sell them in "piles" right up to bankers box size with FREE flat rate shipping, and I have some stuff that has been running for 10 years now.

So I do burn on shipping on the "old stuff" however generally I like to think of it conceptually as if it isn't any different than if the person asked for a discount, I'd have likely said yes for the amount that the shipping has changed in that timeframe.

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@byto253 wrote:

This is on .com.

devon@ebay 

@38e_avenue 

@byto253 

-Lotz

Hello devon@ebay ,

Have all the categories/sub-categories been updated to correctly show when the charge is free or at a fee for Gallery Plus? On the Canadian side it was showing 1.05 (Alberta 5%). Fee should be 1.00. (When applicable). Tax is not normally built in but charged after the fact. When tax is built in it is noted as part of the explanation of charges. This is not what was happening.

-Lotz

PS. Will sellers be credited for any bank overdraft fees(with verification) caused by this eBay error? These charges were entirely an eBay mistake. Not something a seller was in control of and therefore  shouldn't be on the hook for those charges. 

Bump

devon@ebay 

It appears sub categories for Antiques that should qualify for Gallery Plus have not been corrected to display as free.

Example:   Books & Magazines > Antiquarian & Collectible  Gallery Plus— C $1.05. ???

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies  devon@ebay 

Antiquarian and Collectibles are not a subcategory of antiques they are a sub category of Books & Magazines which does charge for gallery  plus.

Message 30 of 35
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@lotzofuniquegoodies  devon@ebay 

Antiquarian and Collectibles are not a subcategory of antiques they are a sub category of Books & Magazines which does charge for gallery  plus.

Antique books used to have the free Gallery Plus because I utilized in the past. There was never a concrete answer if everything had been fixed. As far as it goes "Antiques" show up in a bunch of the master categories. Does that make an antique plate not an antique plate if it's listed in 1 sub-category vs another?

-Lot

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1677643863210.png

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

That's a list for buyers to find things. It isn't a list of the categories and  subcategories which we list items in.  If you click on antiquarian books in that list and then click on a listing it will show that the listing is in Books, not antiques.   The selling fees page states  Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.  

it doesn't say all antiques or all glass etc, it is free for items on those categories.  I have no idea if it used to be free in books but according to the upgrade info, it should not be free there.

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

That's a list for buyers to find things. It isn't a list of the categories and  subcategories which we list items in.  If you click on antiquarian books in that list and then click on a listing it will show that the listing is in Books, not antiques.   The selling fees page states  Gallery Plus
Free for listings in the Collectibles, Art, Pottery & Glass, and Antiques categories.  

it doesn't say all antiques or all glass etc, it is free for items on those categories.  I have no idea if it used to be free in books but according to the upgrade info, it should not be free there.

@pjcdn2005 

Changes for dot ca were NOT supposed to kick in until April 1. Dot com was in February. See winter announcement. Someone jumped the gun!!!

-Lotz

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

Has anyone been having this problem in 2024 - I woke up to thousands of listings in this upgrade glitch and now dealing with charges - ebay is saying it is my fault even though I have never done this listing upgrades.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread -- what happened last year may have nothing to do with your current problem.

The problem last year was sellers getting charged for an option that was supposed to be free.

You can start a new thread by clicking on the "Start a conversation" button.

Message 35 of 35
latest reply