Automatic Payment method not required for sellers - was told by support - not how I see it.

I went in to fill in my bank info in my profile .. it shows US Bank information there.

I called support and they said there is a memo they received today Ebay is no longer offering the option for Canadian sellers on .COM website to have USD bank accounts and ebay are changing the earlier policy (that was about 60 days old allowing both USD and CAD for Canadian sellers on both .CA and .COM.

The support said they are receiving memos like this daily and it's changing so often it's hard to keep track of things.

So great to hear, I am not the only who gets confused. Feel already better.

The support suggested I should drop my .COM account and move to .CA but that would restart the whole account approval process once again and I would not be allowed to have USD account .CA. And that's changed today 

I said not and thank you.

The support person also said the Automatic Payment form is not required for sellers because Ebay will withdraw the money automatically from the Canadian USD Account.

Well that's not the case with me since ebay continues drawing up my existing Payment account.

Good grief. When is it going to end.

The best advice I can give whoever is in the same situation is to get a TD Bank USD Visa. The card is free if you have the borderless account and the account is also free if you maintain 3000 USD daily balance.

automaticpayment1.pngAutomaticPayment2.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Automatic Payment method not required for sellers - was told by support - not how I see it.

I was unable to change my payout method to anything except PAYPAL. There was a ticket opened for that some time ago.

My suspicion is that it will automatically use the payout account for payments so it won't also add them below, or it won't let us change it until after the "pre-MP" stuff is paid.

I have kept enough in PAYPAL (and I still have inputs to it from other sites) so I'm just going to wait and see what happens. 

Certainly the confusion around US$ accounts seems to continue.....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I just went to confirm payment method for eBay purchases to make sure all was in good standing. The 3 options are bank on file, CC and PayPal. When I tried to add PayPal as an option system would not let me. Huh?? Tab is locked.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

not sure if this is appicable to your case or not, but what i learned on Thursday was that once a seller enters Phase 2 of MP, which happens once you get your regularly scheduled invoice AFTER joining MP (and this invoice will be the last one you ever get), then you will no longer be able to use Paypal to pay Ebay, through MP, for any fees, chargebacks etc that are not covered by your pending funds.  You can still use it to buy stuff of course but Paypal will not be an option with MP.

The reason is that since most sellers will no longer have money flowing into their PP accounts, they are not going to allow that as an option for paying MP debts you might have...only bank accounts and credit cards will be eligable.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

From what I understand, which still might be wrong, as long as you aren't getting any warning messages, don't worry let things play out. I'm told nothing bad as in restrictions, endings etc would happen until one has received and ignored 2 overdue warning messages.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

not sure if this is appicable to your case or not, but what i learned on Thursday was that once a seller enters Phase 2 of MP, which happens once you get your regularly scheduled invoice AFTER joining MP (and this invoice will be the last one you ever get), then you will no longer be able to use Paypal to pay Ebay, through MP, for any fees, chargebacks etc that are not covered by your pending funds.  You can still use it to buy stuff of course but Paypal will not be an option with MP.

The reason is that since most sellers will no longer have money flowing into their PP accounts, they are not going to allow that as an option for paying MP debts you might have...only bank accounts and credit cards will be eligable.

First of all strange to show PayPal as part of the available options. Secondarily, not advising sellers formally.

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

hlmacdon
Community Member

@itolduandso wrote:

I went in to fill in my bank info in my profile .. it shows US Bank information there.

I called support and they said there is a memo they received today Ebay is no longer offering the option for Canadian sellers on .COM website to have USD bank accounts and ebay are changing the earlier policy (that was about 60 days old allowing both USD and CAD for Canadian sellers on both .CA and .COM.

The support suggested I should drop my .COM account and move to .CA but that would restart the whole account approval process once again and I would not be allowed to have USD account .CA. And that's changed today 

Unfortunately a lot of the staff dealing with managed payments have no idea what is going on with Canadians and aren't even aware there is an active test group of Canadian users registered on .com that are being pushed through the .com sign up process. Speak to any of the line level managed payment reps and they'll tell you this is impossible and they have to switch your registration site to Canada as all Canadians have to register on .ca. I was told specfiically this is not what you want to do by a team leader very familiar with the Canadian test group. You stick what ever site they are directing you through.

The next time I'm in contact with the team leader handling my account I'll try to get clarification on the automatic payment method. I suspect what is happening is the infrastructure isn't built out yet and there is a disconnect because we are pushed through the .com side. If I go into my .ca dashboard payment settings the automatic payment method links to the same fundinginstrument.ebay.com that is worded as only allowing US bank checking accounts so basically any of in this group have no way to add a checking account which is not going to be what they intend given you have to enter into a PAD agreement as part of the sign up process.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply