BEWARE Some of my relisted listings are having the listing policy change without my knowledge

To date i have found 3 examples where an item i relisted had the listing policy switch to a different listing policy, without my knowledge.  It was only by luck i discovered the first one and then looked and found 2 more.

In my case the policy was switched to a much more expensive policy i have saved for larger, heavier items. It is likely those 3 effected listings would never have sold with the much higher cost shipping policy now on them.

Worse, when i viewed what policy was being used for the 3 listings, IT SHOWED THE PROPER ONE WAS BEING USED, but what was actually being used and shown to buyers was the more expensive one.

The fix was simple, i just used 'edit shipping policy for this listing only' and put in the proper amount. 

This has happened on ebay.com........not sure if the .ca site is doing it or not as i haven't relisted anything on there recently. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

BEWARE Some of my relisted listings are having the listing policy change without my knowledge

sorry, i've made a stupid blunder in my post.  I don't mean listing policy i mean SHIPPING policy.  The shipping policy changed on 3 of the listings i relisted, resulting in much higher shipping fees being charged  to buyers on those 3 listings than i intended or thought were being charged.  The new shipping fees being charged were so high, for the size of the item, that no buyer would have ever bought those 3 items.

So somehow a gliche caused the shipping policy to change (to a different one that i use for bigger items) even though i was doing a simple relist and didn't change anything within the listing.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply