'Best Offer' Deal Sheet is messed up tonight

Head's up to sellers who may accept Best Offers on their listings. 

The number of BO has been increased now to between five to 10 Offers depending on your Category BUT there is a glitch that doesn't actually allow you to Accept or Counter any of those. 

I am assuming this is a temporary glitch but, no, not you are not crazy, that option is gone.

I was able to work around it using the ebay app on my mobile device.

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @silverpinups,

From my understanding, if you click on the big box that shows the buyer id, price, quantity, and offer expires in details, it should take you to the page to be able to respond to the offer.  Apparently the UI was recently changed in order to streamline the process when there are multiple offers simultaneously.

If you look at @momcqueen's post above, the box I am talking about is under "Received", and it shows Price: $19.00, etc.  

Let me know if that helps or if you still have issues?

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 7.26.40 PM.png

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Head's up to sellers who may accept Best Offers on their listings. 

The number of BO has been increased now to between five to 10 Offers depending on your Category BUT there is a glitch that doesn't actually allow you to Accept or Counter any of those. 

I am assuming this is a temporary glitch but, no, not you are not crazy, that option is gone.

I was able to work around it using the ebay app on my mobile device.

Gee, and here I thought it was just my lack of sleep.

I think I found the accept/reject earlier today by using the email I received (but it could also have been from the open offers link) -- no mobile app so it wasn't that way.  Good to know there is more than one way around eBay's alpha beta testing.

-..-

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

What happens if you click on view offer history?

Did you not receive an email in regards to the offer and try that link.

I have not had any offer in quite a while so this change to 5 & 10 cent store, I meant offer, can't see what has happened.

I think there is also mention of this on the .com boards. Here is the link to the discussion that might help you

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Cannot-respond-to-offers/m-p/27037777#M972753

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I tried that too; it shows nothing clickable. 

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Also, Product Reviews are not working. As in I am unable to leave comment on them. 

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Here is another method of working around the problem..... from the DOTCOM thread cited above by dutchman. If you don't have access to the ebay app, try clicking the Offer Price. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 8.49.01 PM.png

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

(Note that in my uppermost screenshot in this post, the buyer name has been hidden to preserve confidentiality but it would be in the upper left-hand corner directly under Offer Received and to the right of the blue 'i' cycle. And then again under Offers in the bottom left-hand corner.) I'll try that next time. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I just got off the phone with eBay CS (Philippines) and they had no idea there was a problem.

I filed a technical report with eBay.

also... There are no offers showing on my android phone even though I have offers right now but can't respond because there are no accept/decline/counteroffer BUTTONS!!. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Do you have an iPhone? That's how I got to mine, I used the app. 

Or can you try to click on the buyer ID or Best Offer price? There are reports from the DOTCOM boards that leads to another page with links that will allow the seller to see the buttons we're supposed to see. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

I have a LG G5 and have tried everything and nothing works.....

eBay just can't leave things alone.... I'm now relying on the technical dopes to fix the problem. The one's who created this mess in the first place. 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

I know, it's inconceivable that we are supposed to carry on with business regardless of what they've done to make that impossible.

What if you revised your losing to auto-accept a certain amount and then asked your buyer to resubmit? 

Oh wait, that doesn't work because they've got an outstanding offer.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

More on the problem from the ecommerce blog....

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2017/6/1496374137.html

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Still not working

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I got an offer today and I was also baffled, on how to accept it.  I tried various browsers but that did not work.   I then clicked on the offer itself bottom left and that brought up the old screen.  Talk about finding Waldo.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Everyone needs to phone eBay Customer Service and file a complaint..... there's power in numbers!

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

if you click on the box with the offer in it, it brings up the offer for you to accept/decline or counter.. at least for me, i had 3 offers today and they all opened with i clicked inside the box with the offer in it.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

I've tried everything, I'm getting nothing...

When I click on the (respond) box brings me to the best offer page where everything is blank.

When I click on History: 1 offer it brings me to the best offer page where everything is blank.

There is no other options for me.....

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Of course when I say "blank" I'm referring to the lack of accept/decline/counteroffer buttons. 

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Hi @silverpinups,

From my understanding, if you click on the big box that shows the buyer id, price, quantity, and offer expires in details, it should take you to the page to be able to respond to the offer.  Apparently the UI was recently changed in order to streamline the process when there are multiple offers simultaneously.

If you look at @momcqueen's post above, the box I am talking about is under "Received", and it shows Price: $19.00, etc.  

Let me know if that helps or if you still have issues?

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

YES, that works... HOORAY!!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply