Blocked Bidder List a Farce

I blocked a bidder last Spring after a nightmare transaction in which they filed an item not received well before the time that it can take for a parcel to reach the U.S. from Canada. I had no choice but to refund the money within the allotted 4 days specified when the case was opened. I'm sure that they probably received the item (sent airmail-no tracking number), I did send them a scan of my postal receipt that the item was received at the post office. I added them to the Blocked Bidder List and last night they bid on another of my items with a new user id-same name/address on the invoice as the previous transaction last Spring. I reported to Ebay and after speaking at length with several people in different departments that there was nothing they could do about it.   

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Blocked Bidder List a Farce

You cannot simply use the Report Buyer link on the site to do this for something as serious as this infraction, you would have to call and make as big of a stink about it as you can whoever you're talking to --- a live person at Customer Service -- and then also their supervisor if the need arose. At least, that is what I would do. And take notes with time and names and the incident report number for follow-up.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

I had the exact same situation a few years ago, my buyer came back once a year (over 3 years), same time each year, different name and mostly different address but there was a trick how I could tell it was the same person after the 3rd time. (Buyer was in China).

I called it in, during our business hours so I got the north american CSRs, and they were very helpful. It appeared that they were aware of this person and problem.

My sale was cancelled with no problems to me (in those days it did matter), and the buyer did not come back after that.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

I did speak with a Live Person the first time it happened and reported the buyer, they stated that nothing could be done.
Message 43 of 49
latest reply

And that was later clarified to be incorrect. Things can be done. 

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

There are Abuses to any system, these abusers think that they are smart, cute, cunning, however, that kind thinking and behavior comes to a BAD END eventually. I find false claims for Undelivered Items especially annoying (as buyer is frustrated with their poor mail delivery) so they file a claim against the EBAY Seller rather the institutions of Post Office or Federal Government (cheaper than moving to better area.  Claims for Undelivered Items is:  "a cost of doing business".

I found the less expensive the item , the more likely you are to attract the type of individual who will file an Undelivered Item Claim. My advise is: Drag the Claim out for as Long as Possible; use Ebay's system to Block the Buyer and Report the Buyer as making a False Claim (at least their name will show up hopefully on Ebay's "radar screen" and they will be the Buyer may be suspended or go elsewhere.  Most cases may be true claims however, there are some individuals who make a living off the crumbs of a multi billion dollar business. 

Net: Drag out claim, Block Bad Buyer, Report Bad Buyer

Always be polite and concise (brief) in your dealings with Ebay (Try and be like Customer Service; so polite they almost ignore the problem, usually I have to explain the problem simplier for them.)  This Topic has over a 1,000 views, it was be a REAL Problem.

Message 45 of 49
latest reply

yeah it is.. the block doesn' work.. I had to deal with numbskhulls with next to zero feedbacks cuz the block isn't working.
Message 46 of 49
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them may be out of date and incorrect.

If you have a specific problem start a new thread to get up to date advice.

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

I only ship to USA from Canada with tracking and delivery confirmation
The buyer can pay the cost or not buy.
I always sell with 4 weeks delivery dates
and no returns. Let them buy else where.
your time and resources are yours...value them:)
Peace Coinquester
Message 48 of 49
latest reply

P.S.

Always Declare through Customs.

Coinquester 

Message 49 of 49
latest reply