Buyer left a negative feedback but wrote "Very good."

ontlady
Community Member

It was shocking to see my score go down to 85.7% today from 100% positive feedback.  A buyer left me a negative feedback but wrote very good.  There's a reply button but I didn't bother asking WHY!  It just doesn't makes sense.    

I used the Request form to remove the feedback immediately. It is unfair and unjustifiable.  I am happy that eBay responded quick stating the negative feedback was removed since it qualifies under their eBay removal policies. 

The question is, how do they calculate your score when you received only one negative feedback going down to 85.7% from 100%.  I thought one negative will reduce your score to at least 99%.  Perhaps eBay can explain further on how this score is recalculated.    

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
It states on your feedback page that the feedback rating is based on the last twelve months of activity. That “negative” feedback you received was one of seven, or about 14.3% of your feedback for the past year.

100 minus 14.3 equals 85.7.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you! Got it. Thought they take the total feedbacks received since I became a member. Now that makes sense. Which means it can go up if I get more positive feedbacks later.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Well, your feedback score can still go up, but your current rating of 100% can’t go any higher. 😁
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You can message Ebay on Facebook and might be able to get  the feedback removed. The feedback is clearly an error. I had something similar happen and Ebay removed the negative feedback for me.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

You can call or e-mail eBay customer service and petition to have it removed. 

They may or may not do it. You could bring up that tracking shows as delivered, the buyer has not contacted you stating there is an issue, and it has a positive comment which indicates it was a mistake. If they ask you to approach the buyer to have them revise it, you could try to push by stating you don't want your revised feedback count to go up since it is clearly an error. 

If no rep agrees to remove it, you can message the buyer about it, and politely them to revise it. But even if they revise it, it will raise your revised feedback count. So this is better than having a negative, but isn't as good as having it completely removed. Generally, most people do not even know what revised feedback means, so it's not a huge deal. It's just better to get it removed completely by eBay if possible. 

Negative feedbacks aren't the end of the world, but it sucks when you're a casual seller becuase a single negative feedback drops your percentage so greatly, that it makes a seller look bad from a marketing POV for people who just look at the percentage. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
FWIW, the negative feedback has already been removed. 🙃
Message 7 of 7
latest reply